1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hi all!!..

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by K_C, Jan 21, 2002.

1. K_C

K_C Well-Known Member

Hello ppl, i'm a fellow VF lover from Singapore.
    Although i have played VF from 1-4, but i have never really played it seriously until recently on VF4..my primary guy is jacky and wondering if anybody out there can teach me on how to use this guy(intermediate-expert level) and how to play him with style..
    Thanx alot pp /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Hey ... probably the best way to learn Jacky is to see him being played well.

With that in mind daioh (arcade web site) released a LOT of movie clips of good jacky play. They're available on www.feixaq.com/vf4/(click media) .. they have filenames that start with daioh_ .... for example daioh_akeome11.wmv (this is a jacky clip, and I think 12, 13, 14, and 15 are also).

Someday, maybe today, I'll make an index outlining who plays who for people looking for specific character info.
    For stylish Jacky play, one of my favorites to see is this clip:
    <a target="_blank" href=http://ftp://vf.dyndns.org/old%20tbzone/jacky(shinz)_vs_akira(moonsuk)3.avi>ftp://vf.dyndns.org/old%20tbzone/jacky(shinz)_vs_akira(moonsuk)3.avi</a> ... this is Akira Kid's jacky. Moonsuk was playing some pretty good Akira too, with a couple of nice reversals.

PS: ignore my signature, it's not directed at you. o_O

3. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Welcome to da family K_C =)

4. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Nice 2 have new blood, u said ur good with Jacky, are u good with Sarah? They are a lil different, well in VF4 a lot different, but I got pretty good with Jacky after I got good with Sarah. And by the way, mabey next time u go 2 the arcade, watch others finger movements, it helps sometimes. Good luck. : )

5. chingdude

chingdude Well-Known Member

~the ryunosuku(JA)_vs_makoto(AK).wmv that was formerly hosted at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.shikia.com>www.shikia.com</a> has now been mirrored at VF4x. i suggest you download that movie in addition to the stuff that CreeD mentioned. see Feixaq's update announcement thread in the media forum. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. K_C

K_C Well-Known Member

Heh heh..juz went to get some of my VF vitamins juz now.. was messing around with akira and trying his DLC..could only get 2/3 DLC though..

Seems like there isnt much jacky players in Singapore, where have all the japs gone?? Probably the thing i have difficulty ( 0% success) in doing is iageri kick..i know it's at the 12th frame but it juz doesnt happens..