1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

hi from nanjing

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Oct 12, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

hi folks,

in nanjing, china now. nice city. school is good, having a good time. just got back from the bar. it's appoximately 2:45, and i have a 8:00 class tomorrow. it's going to hurt.

so i found a vf3 machine in the city. not tb, seemed like vf3 rev. a, and with the following layout: P-K-G-E. very hard to play. how does one go from reflexively holding G to reflexively holding K? very awkward.

-peter

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

So nice to hear from you man!

I was about to email you/images/icons/smile.gif

Sounds like things are good there. Hmm, hooked up with the ladies yet? I know it's your favorite hobby/images/icons/tongue.gif

Damn, that's a messed up layout... would drive me nuts... I hope that isn't standard there hehe.

Keep us updated (or at least me). Hopefully there is a VF3 scene there, if so, I'd love to hear about it.

-Chanchai

3. Guest

Guest Guest

i am a chinese college student in nanjing.(nuaa)
    i know where have vf3tb and g+p+k+e.hahaha.
    make a friend? my address is b4495040@jlonline.com

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Peter, reply to this Chinese gentleman and post the update!

Hyun(Looking forward to do some LK-MC-TFT in
    Nanjing.)

5. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Jee.... Sounds like even Nanjing is more modern than ..... uh the whole state of New Jersey? At least there ARE arcades with VF3/tb.

I know where to find a VF3tb in Shanghai (in good shape, normal button layout), went there for one month earlier this year. It is not too far from Nanjing, but it can be a little messy going there by train.

Anyways, since there is already a guy in Nanjing saying he knows where to find a tb with normal button layout, you probably don't need to go to Shanghai.

Even in Nanjing it is not hard to find a VF buddy, how about me in NJ -- the "GREAT" Garden State????? >_<

6. Chanchai

Last time I visited NJ I was wondering why it was called "The Gardan State" /images/icons/tongue.gif

Just messin'

Anyways, Nan, how far do you live from NYC? If possible, you really should hook up with the NY Crew.

-Chanchai

7. Guest

Guest Guest

hi again,

i found someplace here with a real vf3tb machine (haven't hooked up with woaicdd yet, but we're in touch): $0.12/play. not bad, eh? i have been there a couple times so far, even went there one night w/hyun, but we didn't get a much chance to play because they close at the ungodly hour of 10. i have met a couple decent players here, and woaicdd tells me there are better ones lurking around. the ones i've met have a lot of attitude, i remember taiwan was a bit friendlier.

-peter

8. nxw0016

Not too far from NYC. about 40 miles away. However it is such a big big big big big big headache to drive into NYC from NJ. One good alternative as I alway choose is to ride a train from here. But the train is not very fast either. Anyway going from NJ to NYC, it just can' t be efficient and convenient.

Am I the only person who plays VF3tb in NJ? Hey and if any NYC crew read this post, remember you will be more than welcome to come to my place playing VF or other DC games together. OK?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

It's even harder driving from NYC to NJ to China...wew...lemme tell ya.

-sa

10. Chanchai

Well Nan, I'm not saying you have to do this every week. Just get in touch with the guys in NYC. And arrange it once in awhile... They usually do this every week on Friday nights, they seem to be open to let you stay the night there (or the morning I should say). Anyways, I shouldn't be the ones representing them...

But I'm just saying, try it out once or so, get to know them if you haven't, meet new friends, enjoy/images/icons/smile.gif

I'm sure you can arrange it once. It's the thing to do if you really want to play the game with competent players while having all those troubles finding competition in NJ the last few months. Just set it up for a convenient Friday if you have any.

Don't worry, I know how inconvenient it can be... While I'm away at college, I drive 90 miles to play VF, and before that, in March and June, I drove 4.5 hours to play VF. Very inconvenient, but it was worth it for me. For you, I don't think it's all that bad... Heck, I'm going to Seattle this weekend, planning to fly to other places in a month or so. But that's because I'm lucky enough to have access to cheap tickets...

Anyways, if you can find a convenient time, give it a shot, it might be worth it and I think you'll have a good time with those guys.

-Chanchai

11. nxw0016

hey I am back!!!!!

Ok.... thank you for all the advice. So... any NYC crew here who wanna play?

By the way (off the topic), I am playing Samba De Amigo on my DC like crazy recently.... have not played VF3tb for quite a while though.