1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hi iam New to Virtua Fighter

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Mallakite, Oct 6, 2001.

1. Mallakite

Mallakite Member

I,ve never played Virtua fighter before, due to the bitter rivarly between sega and sony. So i never had a sega saturn.
    I have always been a Tekken fan thinking that it was the only fighting game dedicated to the martial arts.
    But now that VF 4 is coming to PS2 and having seen some videos of VF4, i was amazed.
    Never have i seen a fighting game representing such a precise true fighting style to each character.
    I think iam be making VF4 my favourite fighting game over Tekken 4.
    Anyway what are your opinions on Tekken 4?

and has any one played Lei Fei yet? If you have what do you think of him? Iam a big fan of the Shaolin

Speak your truths quietly but clearly

2. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

I think iam be making VF4 my favourite fighting game over Tekken 4.
    Anyway what are your opinions on Tekken 4?

Heh heh heh....I love this!
    Anyway, there are a bunch of threads in the General forum which deal with opinions on Tekken 4. I don't think it's that bad. In fact it looks better than I thought it would, based on what I've seen in clips. Here's a link to one of those threads:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://virtuafighter.com/cgi-bin/versus/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=tecmo&Number=12862&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&part=>http://virtuafighter.com/cgi-bin/versus/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=tecmo&Number=12862&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&part=</A>

There are a few others (probably on page 3 of the General forum). Welcome to VFDC!

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I actually like Tekken 4...in many ways, it is better than TTT. The graphics, while not mind-bending, are nice and the characters are formed uniquely (squat and stocky). The speed and feeling of T4 is closer to VF, and VF players would actually be able to adapt to T4 easier than they would TTT. The only thing I really dislike are, ironically, the stages. The wall system is implemented really badly...half the time I don't even know I've been cornered into an invisible wall.

Maybe I like T4 because I've been winning a lot in the arcades in it, heheheheh...

Of course, it doesn't even come close to VF4.

4. Jacky_X

Jacky_X Member

I like VF3 more than TTT or Tekken 3.

5. imf

imf Well-Known Member

T4....yeah.
    VF is the truth....!!!

"Muffin Man"

6. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Hehehe I cant wait to play you in T4. I've adapted alot of VF3 skills into TK4. I think the walls are the biggest plus, especially for a Paul player. Hitting someone into the wall almost insures 1/3 -1/2 damage of your opponents lifebar.

I've figured out a nearly unstoppable game with Paul too. Pauls best lead move are his punches, 1, 2 after which a blocked 1,2 means another 1, 2 since he has one of the fastest jabs. So all your opponent can do is duck. Since they gave him an awesome new bodycheck which hits mid if they duck you bodycheck, if they stand and block you throw. For mixups you can CD in or dodge and do an attack/throw.

Paul is playing most like a vf character, no insane combo's everything is like 2 or 3 hits at a time and takes power damage.

CrewNYC

[​IMG]

7. capercat

capercat Well-Known Member

thats pretty much what most tekken players consider a 'cheap' paul ... but its sooo effective if done well. basically his jabs don't push the opponent away on block so you can 1,2 1,2 over and over mixing in quick mid hits and you essentially keep them pinned. stuff like that is whats frustrating many tekken players, the abuse of jabs. there are many ways to get around it but it is still quite a pain.

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I'm telling ya, he has Jacky's "scubbiness" and Akira's strength!! I usually try to play Kaz, but Paul's who I use when I want to win.