1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hi I'm stupid. (slips question)

Discussion in 'Brad' started by TheWorstPlayer, Dec 18, 2007.

1. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

Okay I'm trying to figure out when up and down are right slip and left slip. I guessed it has nothing to do with going towards his right hand or left hand, or the opponents right or left. What determines which direction I push for right vs left slip?

If this sounds stupid...probably because it is.

2. Cruz

Cruz Well-Known Member

I'm not a Brad player but I'm guessing it's your stance, or which foot is in front (left or right). I don't know how it goes though.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    The side of his leading foot does. Iirc his leading foot side is left and the back foot side is right, but I dont remember for sure. Try it. I think the naming of his slips is stupid, quite frankly.

4. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

Slipping toward Brad's back is left and toward his front is right.

Slipping right is the one with the mid punch stomach crumple and the hunting knee.

Slipping left has the high hook head crumple and the over step kick that gives advantage on block.

Funny fact: they reversed left and right from VF4E. Just to bug you.

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I knew it they are just trying to annoy us! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

6. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

Or it might have something to do with switching stance at the beginning of the match between the two versions... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

He used to start southpaw.

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    So yeah, Slipping Left/Right is all relative to Brad's starting stance. Therefore, Slipping Right is to Brad's stomach, and Slip Left is to Brad's back.

Visually, you want to look for Brad's stomach/back when Slipping.

Actually.... the entire cast, not Brad, used to start southpaw in VF4! This quietly annoyed the fucking shit out of me for many years! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I'm so glad they fixed this in VF5.

8. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I still wished Brad started on an unorthodox stance. I had really liked this unique trait.

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    None of this removes the issue that naming his slips "left" and "right" is stupid /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

10. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Hey, Sugar... umm, wait, that came out gay, let me try this again:
    Hey, Sugarman... umm... no wait, still gay... ok, I got it:
    Ey yo S.G. (much better, lol) you're not stupid man, it can be a little tricky at first to keep track of which way Brad's chest/back is facing but it gets easier the more you play with him.
    Be mindful of the moves that you can go into slipping from which change Brad's foot position, such as:
    4P, 4P+K, 4K, etc.
    This can really affect some of your tactics and combos. Just like with every other character, with time you'll get used to all of his unique quirks and perks.