1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Historic Rivalry: Bunbun-maru vs Daimon Lau

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by El_Twelve, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Thanks. Thing is though, I highly likely won't even be using Sarah if FS console released.

I had just straight up stopped having fun using her in vanilla, despite the strengths or weaknesses cause something was just off and I finally figured out what it was.

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    What I would love to see more is people, when faced with something unbeatable to them, would research it, develop countermeasures, practise and finally beat what was once unbeatable.

Instead of what is todays standard: moaning and whining that the game is wack, character x is broken etc. (I know Ive been guilty of this myself too since the dawn of online)

3. Virtua Kazama

Virtua Kazama Well-Known Member

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    I wonder why he was pissed off during the Fighting Vipers Tournament back in 96...

4. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I can really relate with Maru, in a tournament I don't do any switchnation crap. I win with Jeffry or with no one.

5. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    With a game like VF, when the core system is more balanced than other fg's, that seems much more feasible. Counterpicking to a top tier or another character's bad match up is extremely popular in Street Fighter.

6. sibarraz

sibarraz Well-Known Member

It seems that in a game like SF match ups are way more influential than VF

I never played ST so I don't how true is that some match ups are nearly impossible

7. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Some match ups are almost insurmountable in ST. Not so much in AE. But what I was trying to say that the SFIV benefits some characters way more than others.

8. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    That's a great point but what I was saying is that even if such thing was true for VF I still wouldn't counterpick or anything, I win with Jeffry or go home with my pride intact. [​IMG]

9. xTank_Girl

xTank_Girl Active Member

i agree with Kamais i main Sarah till the day i die i rather be her and lose then pick high tier and win.

10. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    Play with whom you win. I don't want to play a character just because I like them, I want to play someone because I win with that character. Likewise, I don't want to play against someone playing their "favorite" character, I want their best.

Let go of your pride and success will come more easily.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Everyone has their own motivation to win.

Everyone likes to challenge themselves in their own way.

Everyone defines, for themselves, what they want out of the game.

To insist others have the same motivation, want to be challenged the same way, and achieve the same outcomes as yourself is arrogant. However, when you do come across someone who does align in these ways, then the game reaches new levels of awesomeness.

Jide likes this.
  12. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

^That's so true for life in general.

13. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

I can't agree with that more.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  14. akiramike

akiramike Well-Known Member

There's this Japanese dorama called No Con Kid which is about three friends and gaming in Japan from the 80s til today. VF2 features heavily in eps 8 and 9 and echo the Bunbunmaru vs Daimon Lau rivalry. Only Japanese subs but VF fans will get a kick out of it. I wrote about the two episodes here.

Tumbling Dice likes this.
  15. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

NICE find dude. tryign to download it. needs some eng subs :(

Tumbling Dice likes this.