1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hit Sparks In VF5US A Step Backward???

Discussion in 'Console' started by masterpo, May 29, 2021.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    The addition of the hit sparks was very lazy on the part of Seiji Aoki. It was one of the cheapest (least expensive) changes he could make to the game that brought it to new consoles :oops: It was a fatal mistake:( In his mind he thought adding hit markers would make battles more satisfying and dramatic Here is a quote from his blog Virtua Fighter Ultimate Showdown Remaking A Legend

"we also added new features to enhance the viewing experience. Upgraded hit markers make battles more satisfying and dramatic,"

He was just copy-cat pandering off of Tekken and Street Fighter. In doing so, he defaced, and brought shame to the Virtua Fighter presentation and franchise. Here is the entire blog

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/31/virtua-fighter-5-ultimate-showdown-remaking-a-legend/

At the very least hit sparks should have been made optional. I can't really play VF5US at all I can barely stand to look at game play now :cry: I try to play VF5US and after a few yellow and purple flashes, I go back to some older VF game, or something else entirely. Shame on Seiji Aoki for Vandalizing Virtua Fighter's beautiful presentation with those low budget tawdry and hideous hit sparks. He has caused our community to lose face in front of the entire gaming community:mad:

Once Seijo Aoki released the Tekken Skins on top of the Hit Sparks, it was clear whose
    d#ck he was sucking....:cautious:

2. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360
    Correct, I mean sparks give me headache after some time.

masterpo likes this.