1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

HK-VF.TV VF5 Movie Mirror

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Myke, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Our good friends over at HK-VF.Net have a movie mirror site available here:

http://www.hk-vf.net/tv/index.html

There you'll find a mirror of all the latest VF5 movies, posted in a blog format.

Feel free to discuss any of the interesting movies you happen to see.

----------------------

How to download from hk-vf.tv
    Most video links will launch the movie in the embedded media player, but if you wish to download the movie to your computer for your own playback, then you'll need a download program that can record streaming movies, such as FlashGet, and follow these easy steps.

1. Right click on the movie link and copy the link address

2. Paste the link into your stream recorder software:

javascript:callleftvideo('mms://www.hk-vf.net/movie/some_movie.wmv')

and delete the front and end parts of the link so that only the mms address remains (the part shown in bold):

mms://www.hk-vf.net/movie/some_movie.wmv

3. Download away

2. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    I guess I'll get the ball rolling..

2006-7-12_22_11_AKIRA_vs_BLAZE.wmv

Around the 00:53 El Blaze jumps over Akira's
    [6][6][P]+[K] which leaves boths chars backturned. I wonder if he can avoid taller characters in the same manner..

Might not be anything special but it looked flashy /versus/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

3. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

that kind of stuff happens in evo with moves like kage's catch throw, or pai's running jump kick.

4. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

assuming the blaze hopkick is mid and for his really short height, i still find it pretty weird, Itll be like swallow kick hopping over akira 66p+k

5. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Regarding Blaze hopping over, I believe this was only possible due to the properties of Akira's [6][6][P]+[K] -- it has some ducking/evasive frames during execution.

Not knowing the hit level of Blaze's hopping attack (is it the [8][P]+[K]?) but let's assume it's Mid. We know from FT that Akira's [6][6][P]+[K] has some ducking frames but from what I knew it only ducked high level attacks. I guess now they've increased the ducking so that it can avoid mids as well (that's still assuming Blaze's move is a mid).

So two forward moving attacks meet, one is ducking, the other is hopping, and the manage to miss eachother. This is what happened, and there's nothing really unusual about it.

6. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

[ QUOTE ]
    Jide said:
    Around the 00:53 El Blaze jumps over Akira's
    [6][6][P]+[K] which leaves boths chars backturned. I wonder if he can avoid taller characters in the same manner..

[/ QUOTE ]

El Blaze is lucky he didn't get hit out of the air there... If 8p+k gets interrupted he goes FLYING... More vulnerable than Lau's equivalent move...

-Alex

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, some friends of mine with influence in the gaming press asked for "good" VF5 clips after I explained that the ones that Sega released are bleh. Anyone want to nominate a clip? I'm a bit out of date recently with all the movies coming out of hk-vf.net.

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I think if they will post clips where good players (like Chibita, Joe...) are fighting each other, it will be nice and good enough. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

I still like 301 from June. It has a good dose of flash, I think.

10. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ice-9 said:

Hey guys, some friends of mine with influence in the gaming press asked for "good" VF5 clips after I explained that the ones that Sega released are bleh. Anyone want to nominate a clip? I'm a bit out of date recently with all the movies coming out of hk-vf.net.

[/ QUOTE ]

Æ’Wƒ“(KA)_vs_ÂÂb•{‚ß‚ª‚Ë(AO) 34.9M
    2006-7-17_22_35_KAGE_vs_AOI.wmv

This is your vid. Such an amazing match. Jin's kage is pretty ridiculous.

11. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Here's my pick, in no particular order:

2006-7-1_19_5_JACKY_vs_VANESSA.wmv
    Nice use of the flash sword kick (iaigeri) by Jacky in the combos.

2006-7-4_23_45_EILEEN_vs_KAGE.wmv
    I like how Eileen finishes his match against Jin's Kage. Nice use of trickery against one of the most trickiest players out there.

2006-7-7_22_33_KAGE_vs_LEI-FEI.wmv
    Joe's Lei-Fei showcases some nice combos.

up0062.wmv
    Highlight is Fuji Brad's low P sabaki into combo in the 2nd round. There probably are better Brad clips around, but this one came to mind.

If you haven't downloaded these files, you can find them on hk-vf.tv if you enter the above filename into the search box.

12. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Thanks all, awesome clips!!

13. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

Also, I found a few recent ones that are very flashy, from a marketing perspective that's KEY (even moreso than good play).

2006-7-18_20_39_GOH_vs_SHUN.wmv <-- great showcase of Goh's awesome looking throws, and Shun's drunkeness.

27_PAI_vs_AOI.wmv <--- has plenty of cool parts, with Aoi's deflections and groundthrows, and pai's flashy combos, with a lot of accidental dodging that looks cool.

sakka04.wmv <--- cool looking Sarah and Kage costumes, a super sayan uppercut by Kage and nice backflip combos from Sarah.

2006-7-17_15_43_JACKY_vs_WOLF.wmv <-- overall fun match to watch, with plenty of throwing and throw escapes.

The more flash we have, the better =p

Edit: One more: 2006-7-12_22_11_AKIRA_vs_BLAZE.wmv <--- Shows off a lot of different throws from El Blaze, and the intro is great, because you can see a lot of detail in the characters.

14. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

If you're looking for a good Brad vid, 97_PAI_vs_BRAD.wmv should do the trick.

15. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

DRE LIVES!!

16. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    in the new-ish clip

(Jin vs no-name Akira)

I feel this Akira player has the best understanding overall that I've yet seen of what VF5 akira is/will be. Not only does he use most of the new attacks, be blends them very well w/ old ones; and makes nice use od OM and it's follow-ups.

a beautiful example is his flowchart from the [6][6]+[P]+[K], step [P][P]...

also a testament is the fact that Jin uploaded this clip (can't upload w/out a card) of himself loosing

B

17. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

18. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

A few things I've noticed.

-The dance off video by Heruru is the funniest VF clip I've ever seen.

-Heruru's win % is above 97% over 150 games or so. We might see Leifei winning a tourney in the near future.

- Jin plays Kage as if Heruru plays Leifei. Is Kage more of a magic character now?

-Mukki already has about 2000 matches or so on his card. OMG.

-Sega thought ahead again. What a great way to save matches.

-Akira doing 3K(side kick) looks retarded. No matter how many times I see it I don't seem to be able to get used to it.

19. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Jin really likes Kage's new stance... He goes into it every chance he gets, even though it seems like he gets hit out of it quite a bit... That no-name Akira player was good at punishing him with some damaging knee combos...

The Akira player started 3 out of the 5 rounds with an OM, two of which interrupted attacks... I would have liked to see him use OM more in the heat of battle... I stlil don't see too many players using it... It's certainly not used as much as DM is...

-Alex

20. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

The heruru clip is 404. Anyone have another link?