1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

HOLY SHIT - CvsSNK2 is online!! DC vs. PS2 players!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by adamYUKI, Jul 12, 2001.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    I don't play CvS, but after the mid-west tournaments, i gives the game much respect!

This news is AWESOME tho:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.psxnation.com/news/newsstory?idnumber=000730>http://www.psxnation.com/news/newsstory?idnumber=000730</A>

[​IMG]

2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

only in japan, sadly.

<font color=red>nAndato</font color=red>

3. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Seriously, Capcom USA needs to get off their asses and bring the online play over to America.

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

My understanding is that the Capcom Matching service is much like the Saturn Netlink service they used to hook players up for matches. Basically just a place you check to meet people and figure out to play a match with each other. Then it's direct dialup connection from there, if I understand correctly. If that's the case, then I wish they would do it here in the US and don't see much of a problem as long as they stamp something like, "we're not responsible for the charges on your phone line and where you call."

Speaking of which, I'm getting my Saturn Netlink soon. I don't mind the rate (domestic rate, don't expect me to be calling Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, or Australia), so would someone like to play some direct dialup Virtual On, Sega Rally, or Saturn Bomberman? I'm already planning to play with some people in the Portland and Seattle areas. BTW, I'm dying to find a partner and find anyone else that might want to play some online 2on2 Saturn Bomberman :)

-Chanchai

P.S. If you have a Saturn and Bomberman (or any online edition game including the above and Duke Nukem 3d), and you need a netlink... Go look around places like ebay and what not. Netlinks are not too hard to find actually. VO and Sega Rally might be. <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Chanchai on 07/12/01 04:54 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

5. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

yo chan! so you getting a netlink eh. i have all the netlink games, so if you wanna play some matches it'll be cool, unfortunatelly i cant make long distance calls.

<font color=red>nAndato</font color=red>

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Chanchai-
    Haven't hooked up my Netlink yet, but I've got it. Do you need a special version of VO for Net play? I've also got Daytona CCE, which I think was Net compatible. I'll stick to PC for Duke, but I might try to grab Bomberman. Maybe I'll finally get to use those twinsticks.

Mr. Callahan

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hey Callahan,

good to hear from you again! Yeah, you do need a special version of VO, but I think I can get you a copy of that (friend of mine has a bunch of netpacks--2 games and a browser).

-Chanchai