1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

HOLY SHIT, SHADOWDEAN (JOSH) WON IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Cause, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

Listen to this shit

He won a PS2
    TWO SIGNED COPIES of VF4 PS2
    A DELUXE ARCADE VF4 MACHINE WITH SEATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He met Yu
    He met the CEO of Sega USA
    The head of marketing of Sega USA
    + more

He will be online tommorrow to tell everything that happened.

2. xDURALx

xDURALx Member

Wow, congrats to him. What character does he use?

3. ken

ken Well-Known Member

I guess that solves his PAL vs NTSC dilemna.

Congrats to Shadowdean!

4. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    WOW...that krazy summabitch! Way to go my nigga!

A DELUXE ARCADE VF4 MACHINE WITH SEATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is just sick....!

5. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Well considering that this competition was run by Gamepro, and keeping in mind the ability/intelligence of the average Gamepro reader... you were honestly expecting the others to win?

6. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

IT'S LOOTIN' TIME!!! <--- in reference to Josh's house

Seriously though, congrats.

7. Darknight

Darknight Active Member

Umm the arcade machine he won did not have seats. He won the unit that was at the event as far as I know because Yu Suzuki went up and signed it.

8. mushen

mushen Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I thought.. my boy is took home the gold. Voot!!!

9. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    omfg

Josh, all I can say is congratulations -- you're one lucky motherfucker!

I just can't believe that a competition with this much up for grabs was held all the way out.... wait... where was it held again? What's even more painful is that it's too early to be an April Fool's joke!

I'm insanely jealous!

10. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

Supposedly he had to fight the final round on the PS2 using the controlpad! He used Lau and won by doing ppp, d+k, lol. An IGN combo.

11. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Definately congrats to Josh - I was there and watched Josh's mad skills with Lau as he pppd+k'd his way to victory.

Hopefully they're not serious about giving him the test machine and will replace the game with at least a version B.

-Jason

12. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

Congrats to Shadowdean!!! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

He is one lucky dude. Must have been very fun!! I'm insanely jealous, but happy for him!!

Again, Congrats!!!

13. Jason Cha

Perhaps more interesting is that Che Chou (colleague of soulmachine) won the Fight Club drawing for the other arcade unit.

James, looks like you guys won't be getting much work done once it comes in eh?

-Jason

14. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Lol, i just hope he has the space for it in his home. I know I wouldn't, i'd probably end up selling it. Can anyone post a link to his story? Also Josh you have no excuse but to practice now!

15. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Wow

Luck- no... EXTREMELY lucky mofo. Congratulations Shadowdean. You struck it big with this one.

Kruza

16. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

Don't worry

He said that they'd be giving him version D??????

Not the test machine

Crew MD is formed, hehe, no quarter arcade VF playing, hehe.

17. Jason Cha

Re: Don't worry

Who knows what version they're sending him. All I know is that the cabinet that the SEGA staffers were pointing at as the prize had that test version we in California know so very well running in it. I believe this was the cabinet signed by Yu Suzuki. Again, I will reiterate, I hope they will replace the game inside with at least version B, if not version C.

-Jason

18. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

However as I stated

I physically TALKED to Josh, he was ASSURED by the CEO of Sega USA, he would be getting the newest version /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

19. Jason Cha

Re: However as I stated

And this is the same Sega that promised me a new Virtua Fighter 2 machine after I won the VF Remix tournament back in 1997, but sent me one in a well used VF1 cabinet with a monitor that blitzed out in 3 months.

Sorry man, even though as an attorney I know such a representation may be a legally binding statement, and while I have no reason to doubt they will send him the most recent version, the version that I physically played on, the version I saw, with my own eyes, Yu Suzuki leaning over the side of, I believe to sign, was the test version. Again, let me say a third time, merely that I hope they replace the inside hardware/GD-ROM/whatever with at least a version B.

Honestly though, I think I'd rather have the test version, because after all, he's got a version C on his PS2.

-Jason

20. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Heh, we had talked a bit about what character he should use when we met at Shang's place. When Josh first started playing VF4 his Lau was the strongest and I suggested that Lau would be a much better choice than his favorite character Sarah simply because if he got nervous he could just go into autopilot with Lau's combos and still crush an opponent that didn't really know how to block. I didn't even consider that they would be playing with joypads... /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

Congratulations Josh! Whens the VF party at your house?