1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

HOLY SHIT, SHADOWDEAN (JOSH) WON IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Cause, Mar 12, 2002.

1. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

hehe i wonder how the other contestants were doing (probably beginners) congratulations!

2. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

Wow..........

3. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Bah, leave the man be with with his winnings. its great that he won. The battle was winning the sweepstakes in the first place to being able to compete.

4. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

Hehe good advice

That liitle throw escape "pop question" thing on the main page kills me. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

Re: Hehe good advice

congrats man. although, considering how gamepro set up the contest with only a specific number of people to attend, that MIGHT(i stress might, i'm not saying shadowdean has bad skills) have won because other people didn't know what to do.

but even if that was the case, i STILL gives props to you. crush those stupid newbies who only button mash and nothing else! /versus/images/icons/wink.gif they might have even thought he was playing cheap, haha.

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

A test machine would be frigging awesome, only because it's rare, and you can play piggy style VF with completely unencumbered moves (coff jerky).
    It would also be the only way to see back throw escapes. I know, it's lame to be fascinated by them, but still.

7. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

LOL, thanks..it was a scrubby, but hey..if ppp+dk works, why do anythign else?! (Besides, with those pads, what the hell else can you do??!!)

8. Shadowdean

Clearing up a few misconceptions

I was told by sega rep: "This is the latest version, it just shipped a few days ago"
    Me "It doesn't have Vanessa in it, I think your mistaken"
    Rep "Nope, she's there"
    I just walked away.
    I talked with 2 other people from Gamepro (Sherry Pedrin) and another guy who works for them, and they said they will see to it that the correct (version D) build gets put into the machine when its shipped. Based on that, I told Phil that’s the version I am getting, so, now it just comes down to seeing if gamepro can come through on that. Any case, it was great to see some of the cali people out there and to have that support. Hope to meet up with the west coast again!

9. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Re: Clearing up a few misconceptions

Don't be afraid to bug them politely (email one day, call the next, fax the next, repeat) to have someone at Gamepro get off their ass to make sure you get a version B (or C, though I doubt C's been localized or otherwise available to Sega of America). Keep at it until someone there has confirmed to your satisfaction that they are in fact shipping the version you want. Remember, they promised you and everyone else who visited their website and signed up for this contest, an arcade VF4, and you are entitled to get what they promised.

Just don't be afraid to be a bit of a nag to get it if you have to.

-Jason

10. Shadowdean

THanks for the advice Jason...I wrote a very polite e-mail to gamepro thanking them for everything and then telling them of the "problem" with the machine and explained how it has to be the test version because Vanessa was not in the character selection screen. I had a slight problem before when this contest first started out with getting in touch with the people I needed to send the afit-david out to and that was resolved very quickly. I am dealing with the same woman now and since we have a working relationship, I don't anticipate any problems. THanks again, any other suggestions are appreciated!

11. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

Damn....version D so soon after version C?
    and i thought i have been playing the latest (final) version.
    I guess this time round, if i'm going to get the version D on ps2, i'll do well to wait for the US version...
    pretty sick of having all my items represented by japanese characters which i do not understand at all.
    =p

12. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I think the people that told Josh he was getting Ver D were talking out their butts.... Ver D isn't even in Japan yet. PS2 is confirmed to be Ver C. Also, AFAIK, VF4 is still not that great a hit in north american arcades, so it's not likely those Ver B machines will ever be upgraded. The sega reps were calling the test version that was on display the "latest version." They're just trying to BS Josh. Jason Cha has played on that cabinet many times before, and I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.

I agree with Creed, getting the test version would be cool anyways... just for collectors sake.

13. soulmachine

soulmachine Well-Known Member

Re: Congrats

Congratulations on winning that puppy. You definitely won that match. But to be honest, I didn't expect you to have any problems because those guys you went up against suuuuucked. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif