1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hori Real Arcade stick?

Discussion in 'Console' started by thebradSHow, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

I'm selling my RAS for 90$. any takers?

2. Street

Street Active Member

It's got a square gate, obviously, and it works fine with the Magic Box (hooray!).

I'm not a big fan of the buttons either, but the stick is without a doubt amazing, and the box itself is sex.

3. cheatah

cheatah Well-Known Member

ouch 90 bucks? thats more then the price of a new one, then u gotta tack on shipping, for a slightly used hori real arcade pro

4. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

cheatah,
    where can you find a domestic dealer that sells it for less than 90$? ncsx.com sells for 95$ +shipping. if you buy from asian dealers it's 80$ and they charge you 50$ shipping.
    I was trying to sell it for 90 shipped anyways, please do some research before you starting crapping on other people's thread. Anyways, someone bought this already. No one said it's cheap.

5. cheatah

Its only 79.99 at play-asia and lik-sang.com, shipping is only cheaper from ncsx if you ship ground. Your comparing 50 dollar air shipping to 8 dollar ground shipping. Also ncsx only ships ground in the US. Anywhere else you will hafto ship by air and it comes out to the same price as the asian places.

Also at shoryuken.com there is quite a few people that have been offering to bring a hori real arcade stick back with them from hong kong summer vacations for very a small fee.

I have done the research and i stand by my opinion that your price is high. Not that I really want to buy it since I already have one and another coming soon.

These things are great I don't know why your getting rid of them. If you don't like the buttons swap them. They have semitsu buttons which are very similar to the sanwas excep they break easily but are cheaper. In my local arcade they use both sanwa and semitsu buttons. You could easily modify the real arcade pro with any jap joystick or buttons.

Your issue with having too many buttons. You can obtain those black dummy button placers that they have in arcades for games that use all 6 buttons like GGXX or T4. They would fit in the stick fine.

Ooops, forgot to mention that sanwa sticks are adjustable. You can adjust the deadzone.

6. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    cheatah said:
    Ooops, forgot to mention that sanwa sticks are adjustable. You can adjust the deadzone.

[/ QUOTE ]

How?

7. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

/versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif ok

8. cheatah

Well, you can adjust deadzone by changing the shape of the actuator. This can be kind of complicated involving plumber's goop to increase the size. Tape or other alternatives would work but will wear down over time.

To adjust the stiffness you need to change the tension of the spring. Just take it out and stretch or compress it a bit with a vise if u can. Sometimes it might be easier to just take alil off.

To adjust throw you need to adjust the length of the shaft. But usually you wouldn't want it any shorter then it is already for a sanwa. You might want to adjust it if you have a sanwa from Ultimarc which they call Jsticks. They're not the same as the sanwa's used in versus city cabinets. Ultimarc custom order their sanwas with longer shafts.

The best thing is to try and adjust to the stick first. For the sanwa you don't have to push it all the way to the left or right onto the edge to get those directions. You can do 360's without ever touching an edge..

9. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

cheatah,
    please post where you can get this stick shipped for less than 95$. as of now I checked the stick is 79.99 on play-asia + 53.50 shipping from UPS!! Please post a link where the grand total is less than 95$.
    Do you even know how big the box of this stick is? no one in their right mind will lug this thing back from Hongkong for you if they don't know you. Good luck with finding someone on srk.com getting your stick for cheaper while you wait for a couple month pal!
    You like your stick, I don't like mine, because i have a c22. good for u.
    I want a link you can get the stick for 95$ please

oh yah the mods you mentioned are either retarded or involving spending more money..

10. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

Let it go shang.

11. Mr_Frankie

Mr_Frankie Active Member

Dammit. I wish it was circle cause i have one of those Shadowblade arcade sticks and it sucks cause of the clickyness and the square. By the way, do u guys think square is better and was the official VF Evo stick square? I'm asking cause I'm a noob when it comes to arcade sticks.

12. cheatah

Personally I like the square gate especially when it comes to 3D games. But it's all preference really. The VF hori sticks are square. In the hori real arcade pro, since it has a sanwa joystick you can swap the restrictor plate with an octagonal restrictor plate. The part number I think is GT-Y but not 100% sure. The octagonal makes circle motions easier while keeping the deeper corners of the square.

13. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Shadowblade

[/ QUOTE ]

Just cause you ate a shitbiscuit doesn't mean breakfast is a bad idea.

14. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Mr_Frankie said:
    Dammit. I wish it was circle cause i have one of those Shadowblade arcade sticks and it sucks cause of the clickyness and the square.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shadowblade doesn't suck because it has a square base and uses microswitches, it sucks because it sucks.

15. Mr_Frankie

Mr_Frankie Active Member

Thanks Cheetah for the info, but can you like buy it and choose to have the octagon instead of square? If not, is it easy to change (like just unscrew circle and screw in octagon). And hey Dandy_J, have you tried the Shadowblade? I heard that it was good from Official US Playstation Mag and then I got it, and hated it after I played Capcom Vs. SNK 2! Hey thats what you get for $20.

16. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Mr_Frankie said:

Thanks Cheetah for the info, but can you like buy it and choose to have the octagon instead of square? If not, is it easy to change (like just unscrew circle and screw in octagon). And hey Dandy_J, have you tried the Shadowblade? I heard that it was good from Official US Playstation Mag and then I got it, and hated it after I played Capcom Vs. SNK 2! Hey thats what you get for $20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, bro. Stay away from SB and especially the "Pelicans". You should save your 20 bucks.

Sorry, had to do it. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. cheatah

Yeah you can swap it to an octagonal plate really easily. Just unscrew, lift it up, unscrew and change the plate and screw it back. No electrical work required. The joystick is really nice to work in. Very spacious and tidy. The buttons are all connected through prong clip things, the joysticks connected through the 5pin cable.

Been doing lots of testing the last two days on my hori real arcade pro since exams finished. Works great on everything almost. Doesn't work in some of the games that I played it in but they weren't fighting games. It didn't work in bomberman and shrek 2. I played snk vs capcom, KOF max impact, 3rd strike, VF4evo, GG isuka, and i even played winning eleven 8 and gradius 5 on it. Fun stuff!

As always takes getting used to a new joystick but it only took me around 10 mins to get used to it in VF since I was used to the versus city cabinets before but only used pad on VF before. I set the GPK to the very left 3 buttons. Had to use a manual config, then disable all the other ones. I found that you still need the other buttons for the menu since it doesn't change those controls. So opening it up removing the other buttons and plugging them with blank pushbutton holders wouldn't work that well which I suggested to shang. Sorry bout that.

18. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    cheatah said:
    It didn't work in shrek 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? THIS STICK IS CRAP!!! /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

19. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:

[ QUOTE ]
    cheatah said:
    It didn't work in shrek 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? THIS STICK IS CRAP!!! /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for truth /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

20. cheatah

I wanted to test it in some non fighting games just to see if it'd work. It doesn't like any games that required me to use an analog but even for certain games that didn't, it didn't detect. It's all cool to me really as long as I can play 3rd strike and VF4evo.

I found that doing Pai's 270 throw took me a few mins to get used to again. It kept coming out as the regular throw for some reason. Realized I wasn't always rolling all the way back and ending at [1_]. Again just took few mins practice.

Just some lil observations I noticed. The cords too short I think, you need an extension cord. The joystick comes with this plastic film on top which gets stuck underneath the bolts. You have to open it up with a screw driver and a small wrench to open it up to get rid of that little bit of film thats left over.