1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How big a role do reversals play in ur typical fight????

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Akhet, Apr 10, 2002.

1. ukie

ukie Member

For me, the knee and elbow mid reversals are handy. I do enough of LBF or the f, b+p,p to make opponents hesitate before throwing out regular high punches, then I start mixing sidekicks or f+p. If either of them hits, I either do a palm sabaki or a mid reversal mainly because a good portion of the time the opponent attacks with an elbow or knee to try to gain back the advantage. d/b+p comes into mind too, but I'm rather fond of the elbow and knee reversals. Of course, another option is the b,b+p at that stage - a bit risky, I've found, but when it hits there it usually hits counter, in which case I follow with f+p+g+k and start playing guess (or I'd just follow into bokutai or meishiou stance, because my opponents so far usually opted to wait for me to make a move first and that gives me enough time to pull off the stances without getting hit).

- ukie

2. ukie

ukie Member

Myke -

Don't want to start another thread on this, and it's only marginally related... I've more or less conditioned myself to spot palms for reversal when Akira crouches, and usually I'm careful enough about it without eating a standard shrm and feeling like an idiot. What's throwing me off is Akira g-cancelling a... low kick? I can't tell, but I think it's a g-cancel, and he's got that weird crouch that moves a half-step forward and looks enough like the beginning of a palm animation to fool me into reversing... and end up eating a d/f throw. I can't find it in the movelist, so I'm still wondering the correct way to do that move.

- ukie

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

yes..it's a low kick cancel...
    and damn useful too

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I can't find it in the movelist, so I'm still wondering the correct way to do that move.

I'll be adding a "G-cancel" note to those moves that can be guard cancelled before execution. Akira and Lau's d+K are examples of these -- d+K,G.

5. Jythier

Jythier Member

At any point in time, my advice for Aoi will claim reversals as 6-9% of my damage. So, reversals are huge for me. PPPdK usually draws a mid hit, if blocked. In Kumite, at least.