1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How big are the combos in VF4?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Mallakite, Oct 7, 2001.

1. Mallakite

Mallakite Member

What is the maximum hit combo you can do for each character?

Speak your truths quietly but clearly

2. Trigger

Trigger Active Member

This is difficult to tell. Maybe nobody can tell you at all. You've got to find out by yourself. Soon you will learn that vf and tekken are different. In vf you will be allowed to create your very own combo(s).This called original combo system. Vf combo are not rigid combo like in tekken. It depends on timing, chance,and your own imagination. The best combo will come out by trying different things and see how it fits with situations. VF is a game with great depth and that's why many people here have spent years leaning it and there're still something to find out. It might be tough for a new hand but very rewarding if you are patient enough. Welcome to Virtua fighter.

Trigger/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Well I don't agree with the comparison, but at least to most VFers it's not how many hits are in a combo but the damage the combo takes and the "coolness" factor of the combo.

4. Mallakite

Mallakite Member

Wow thats great to hear, i was getting fed up with Tekken's lack of flexibility in terms of their fixed 10 hit combos. Can't wait to get my hands on VF4!

Speak your truths quietly but clearly<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Mallakite on 10/07/01 07:02 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

5. Trigger

Trigger Active Member

Try www.tbzone.co.kr and down load some clips about vf 3 combo. I have to admit that some of them are beyond my imagination :)

Trigger/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

6. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Wow thats great to hear, i was getting fed up with Tekken's lack of flexibility in terms of their fixed 10 hit combos.

Tekken's combo system is a little more flexible than you may think. There are some really hard-to-do, flashy, and damaging combos that don't involve 10-hit combos. From what I've seen and heard, 10-hit combos are generally avoided in high level Tekken play because the general pattern is easy to predict.

Both systems are good in their own way, but I'm a little biased to VF's.

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

7. capercat

capercat Well-Known Member

yes, in tekken 10-hits are more of an annoyance than anything else. there are some very challenging juggles, and very flashy ones ...
    actually i'm coming over to VF from tekken and part of it is cause the juggles/floats seem .. well, less common, more difficult and just slighly more realistic .... a nice change from tekken.

8. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

i saw some harsh one with kage (air juggle)

b, p+g(throw) b, p, k, (tap)punch, d/p+k (chain into) d/f, k+g

and when he finished, the opponent wasnt even near the ground!!