1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How breaking the clinch work?

Discussion in 'Brad' started by BodomSoldier, Mar 26, 2008.

1. BodomSoldier

BodomSoldier Active Member

Isn't it a little easy to break out of if all you have to do is wiggle out of it, or is there something I'm missing? I've seen high level players successfully use the turn through (left/right/up/down).

2. eiyujpn

eiyujpn Active Member

if you check

site menu
    VF5
    Brad
    Ver. C command list

and look at the clinch attacks it will say how to escape them

but i think it is:

you try to move them around they have to press the same direction as you

if you elbow they have to press G

if you knee they have to 2G

but lately ive been amazed at how some people know exactly what i will do, like i had a match where i clinched them, just about to win the match with one hit

and i knew i always used K so i mixed it up with P and he broke it , i didn't know that the p escape is like a throw break because no one ever broke out of it before so i was shocked and lost the match...

high level people just amaze me how they can break clinches....

3. Frunkis

Frunkis Member

If someone knees, and you want to break it, you have to hit 2G right? Should I keep mashing 2G or hold it down?

4. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Fairly certain you can just hold it. Like 98% but I'd have to test to be sure.

5. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

You time it at the same moment your opponent tap /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif.

What I normally do is struggle as any hesitation from your opponent will let you break from the clinch, then guess either /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif.

The next time round you are in a clinch, they will most likely try to use 'position change' which is harder for you to guess as there are /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif options. In this case, struggle and pick a direction. Most opponents will try to set up for a ring out or wall combo position.

6. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

When Brad tries to use Position Change options, multiple directions can be entered in order to escape position change.
    Pressing the OPPOSITE direction that Brad is trying to throw you is how to escape position change.
    It's easier to escape Position Change from Clinch than Brad's Knee and Elbow Slash from Clinch bc you have to commit to either holding /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif to escape either the elbow or the knee respectively.

An opponent can not hold /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and then shake the joystick and still escape Position Change.
    Mashing on /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and shaking the joystick isn't as effective to escape Brad's Knees as just holding /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

It's just another head game where the best yomi wins.
    Some of Brad's best options:
    -All 3 Knees from Clinch=Half of opponent's life bar gone.
    -Position Change into a wall (or close to a wall, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is guaranteed) for about 25-40% of life gone.
    -Position Change for a Ring Out (most satisfying) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbs_up.gif

P.S.
    Please, no complaining about Brad, there's way more powerful characters to complain about, here's a list! :)
    Shun (sorry, L_A_Akira)
    Eileen ("S-tier? What's that?" says Brad)
    Vanessa (sorry, Sebo)
    Lei Fei (Virtua Jebus! [Unsafe Dan, where you at?])
    and Dural's son (yeah, you know who I'm talking about, Myke)

7. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Let's not forget mixing and matching too.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif>PC>/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif>PC (if you don't do it earlier or what ring positioning) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

It's total WTF-ness.

You're correct (maybe throw in that bitch Pai too).