1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

how can you beat dural

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by VCANEDA, Mar 26, 2002.

1. VCANEDA

VCANEDA Member

I fought him 4 times. and four times he haneded my ass on a plate
    and i have a record of 175-26 record. does anyone have any tricks or strategy to use on hime with kage.

2. karphead

karphead Member

Two words...RING OUT

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

U DO REALISE THAT DURAL IS A SHE.

4. thaininja

thaininja Active Member

i always thought he or she was neither.....its a robot......

5. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

a robot modeled after a female. Making Dural a she.

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

It's Kage's mama
    so definitely a 'she'

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

dodging helps a lot. Find a simple damaging attack to follow dodges with, and as soon as dural is within attack range... dodge'n'smack. Over and over.
    If she gets really close, low punch ---> throw will work every time, and I recommend a throw that brings her closer to ring out.

With jeffry (a simple example) dodge ---> b+P, pounce can kill dural after 5 or 6 successful hits.
    I'd use d/b+P+G and P+G as the ringout throw of choice.

With Kage, it's a little tougher, I don't play him a lot. You can try dodge ---> d/f+P --- PPK combos. Or you can try something quicker like a kickflip or canned dodge attack (dodge, P+K+G). But that's riskier as well.
    If I were a kage I'd get to the back of the ring, wait until dural is close, then try hard to dodge an attack and start a PPPK-type series to knock her out. Or I'd do d+P, b+P+G and then one of the easy TFT ringout combos. (d+P+K, P, d+P+K, f,f+PKG can ring out from about the center of the ring... an easier combo is TFT, d+P+K, PPPK)

8. Typhoon

Typhoon Well-Known Member

Dural is a speed monkey, which is her greatest asset and her greatest flaw. I agree that evading is you best best to stay alive and in the ring. Her combos can force you to lock up on guard because she's often faster than you can react with a jab.
    If you can spot the openings in her movements, allow her to blitz you near the edge of the ring. Before you get too dangerously close, dodge and open up a pressure combo. This usually leads to Dural ringing out as you've stepped to her side and tipped her over the edge.
    Another useful tip is not to neglect your guard staggers. With Dural being so fast, staggers of all sorts will help you to control the pace and keep her fury in check.
    If you're decent with reversals, she leaves herself open to those on a regular basis as well by overextending her combos.
    Lastly, I don't use moves that put me at risk for floats on counter. Anything jumping is a death knell if she counters and juggles you to death or out of the ring.

Aside form cheeze these are the tips that work for me, and as a relative newcomer to VF4, they help me topple this freak.

9. Ealsen

Ealsen Well-Known Member

If you play Shun, Abuse dodge-swipe(db+P+K+G,P)
    Once I fought Dural and win it with nothing but dodge-swiping the hell out of her.

Then again this is kinda cheating /versus/images/icons/smile.gif