1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How can you have defense and fluid movements like the top japanese players?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Superspacehero, Jan 2, 2021.

1. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

"Oh gosh, my poor thumb!" x_X

:ROTFL:

Chanchai likes this.
  2. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

One day when the japanese get off the sticks they'll be able to move like this :ROTFL:

3. Superspacehero

Superspacehero Well-Known Member

Now we are talking. Is that hitbox? Do you think hitbox is the best control for virtua fighter?

4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

It's a hitbox. As a hitbox user I'd say it's the most optimal input method. Some may disagree.

cobratron likes this.
  5. Superspacehero

I will convert to hitbox for the vf esport title. It certainly seem as the best option to me, considering you can input moves faster and with higher degree of accuracy. The trade of beeing a bad stagger recovery.

cobratron likes this.
  6. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    As a stick user, I can see that. I might have to try it someday. How long till you're comfortable with it? Weeks? Months?

7. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I play musical instruments that is similar to the hitbox in many ways so it didn't take me super long to get the hang of it. Your timing of getting used to it may vary just like any other input method change.

Also for staggering @Superspacehero we VF hitbox players have come up with an optimal method for doing it now so it's not actually a barrier. We just needed to figure out how to input it most optimally. Precision is both a blessing and a curse.

cobratron likes this.
  8. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Lord_Hollow and Tricky like this.
  9. Superspacehero

Thats a welcome. Following that, the hitbox is ubdoubtedly in all logical sense superior to other control methods, ececution wise.

I would for sure enjoy to do some flashy dance, to intimidate and confuse the opponent and put on a show for speectators in lobbies, on top of the gameplay wise benefits

Cobratron made some.insanely fast evade dash cancels that looked hilarious. It would be fun to pull that off, and people who dont know much about hitbox would be left wondering what the hell is going on

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  10. Emptyeyes

Emptyeyes Well-Known Member

I think people were always too fixated on the possession and wanting to mimic the other person's skill set, where they have experienced their own shortcomings of not having their own identity approach to evolve on, which can be done within the realm of confirming to what the system demands from you, of course. I think when a practitioner acknowledges what they've lost sight on the bigger picture, everything can fall in place, if that makes sense.

Tricky likes this.