1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I beat Kage's ass with Shun???

Discussion in 'Shun' started by Necro76, May 28, 2008.

1. Necro76

Necro76 Well-Known Member

hey Myke, with Shun, what may be the best option to punish Kage after evading /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif? You know, I could find out on my own if I could make the stupid dojo dummy do it. And( lake Ive whined about a million times)NO ONE plays this game on this island so I may have to wait for some scrubby online Kage to do try this moves so I can evade and experiment. Not fun at all. Could I try Shun's slowest moves? Maybe EVEN my favorite move /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif?

2. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Mule kick and Chouwan should work.

3. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    i think Myke made a reference in how to figure out the number of frames you'd have in advantage, but when in doubt you generally want to go with the fastest stuff.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif(/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif if you're at 16dp)
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif throw or 270 back /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

just watch out for follow ups and shit

4. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Here is the formula:
    =====================
    Successful Dodge = 21 frames

Total Frames of Opponent's Attack Dodged minus the Current Disadvantage plus twenty-one equals the Advantage after successful dodge.

Tot. Frames - (Disadvantage + 21) = Advantage after dodge

Let Total Frames = a; Disadvantage = b; Advantage after dodge = c

a - (b + 21) = c
    ========================

From this thread.