1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I make replay vids for YouTube?

Discussion in 'Help' started by Jemun, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    hi everyone. inspired by tonyfamilia my brother and I also want to shoot videos from fights in VF for Youtube. I just wanted to ask what you recommend for filming, because all we have yet is a normal digi cam, but there will be bad quality. we're playing on PS3. Do you know any systems for proper filming?

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    OK. This is equipment and software I use...

1) PS3/360 with S-Video and composite audio (red/white) out.

2) DVR that takes those inputs so I can record directly.

3) Latest version of VirtualDub 1.8.8 (free on PC) with MPEG-2 plugin so it understands .vob files.

4) DivX Pro 6.8.5 codec ($19.99)

This is what I do...

1) Plug console into DVR and set my 360 to output at 16:9. I record replays at 1x speed (one hour of content on a DVD). Finalize disc.

2) Put finalized DVD-RW into PC. Use virtualDUB with mpeg-2 plug-in to open .vob files

3) I have a bunch of squished-looking movies at 720x480 (3:2) that I need to make look not-squished at 720x404 (16:9). I set output as follows:

VIDEO
    Use VirtualDub filters to lighten midtones for 360 vids. No need to do this for PS3 vids.
    Compression: DivX 6.8.5

Find the following settings by looking under Video -> Compression -> DivX 6.8.5 codec -> Configure...

In the MAIN tab:
    Certification Profile = 720HD Profile
    Encoding Presets = check the box and slide to 10 (Insane)
    Rate Control = Rate Control Mode is 1-pass, Bit Rate is 2744

In the CODEC tab:
    Experimental SSE4 full search = Enabled using SSE2
    Enchanced multithreading box is checked

In the VIDEO tab:
    Video Resolution
    Format in = square pixels
    Format out = square pixels
    Custom resize = 720x404
    Resize filter = Lanczos4
    Interlace = De-Interlace Source

AUDIO
    Default (I've never messed with it)

Save as .avi

I end up with vids that are around 62mb for a 5 round fight (the original .vobs are around 200mb).

I then upload the resulting vid to YouTube.

3. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    DOING! Woah, ok, gotta check the equipment out. Anyway, thank you for this information

4. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Recently, on youtube you can watch vidz with HD quality, there are a option what allowed it.
    My question is how do you make your owns vidz uploaded watchable in HD quality ?
    Do we have to upload videos with particualrs formats or encoded in a certain way ?
    I asked truewiseman but he doesn't know :-D
    thanks

5. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Here is YouTube's guide to optimizing video uploads.

I've also updated my previous post (just scroll up this thread) on using a DVR and VirtualDub.

6. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Nice instructions Plague... Now if only I could find a cheap DVD recorder.

7. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I don't know how cheap you need to go. I have this DVR. I bought it used on ebay ($84) to replace a broken VCR. I like it because of multiple video in and it has a digital tuner.

8. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I'm thinking £50 to £60, I had a look around on Ebay but didn't really have a clue what I was looking for.

9. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Well, a PAL version of what I've linked should fall into your price range. Hopefully it exists.