1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

how do i reverse normal attacks

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by leilightning, Jun 17, 2002.

1. leilightning

leilightning New Member

i just got vf4 and i'm not good at reversing attacks, can anyone help me???

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Firstly, you have to make sure you currently use a character that has reversals. Someone like Aoi, Vanessa, or even Wolf for example. Then you have to familiarize yourself with what particular attacks that character can reverse. Aoi can reverse just about anything, whereas a guy like wolf only has reversals for a few very specific types of attacks.

The timing on reversals are tricky, because there is a very limited window of time in which they will work. Basically, you can to try to do the reversal immediately before it would connect against you. You are either beginning them too soon, or too late.

Try going into Free Training mode with AOI, against JEFF for example. Go to the menu in the mode, and choose RECORD, then record Jeff doing his normal high kick by pressing [K] , have him do this a number of times in a row, then go to the playback options and have him playback that recording all the time.

This will make the Jeff you are against repeatedly use that kick, so you know whats coming, and generally when it will come at you. Now practice pressing [4] + [P]+[K] to reverse it.

Another way to help you find the timing of the reversal in training mode is to make free mode go in slow motion. I cant remember the exact option (i think its Game Speed). With it going super slow, you can see just how close the attack needs to get to you, for you to start inputting the commads.

As a final note; Reversals in this game are incredibly difficult. Probably moreso than in most other fighting games. So it will take quite a bit of practice, and few if any people can do them well right away.

I hope i have been a help, and if i havent addressed your specific problem, just repost a more specific question and im sure you will get an answer.

3. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Another thing you must do is familiarize yourself w/ your character. For example, Wolf is a really hard one to get mid/high reversals on IMHO, b/c he's so shoulder & throw oriented. Akira is another I find trick, b/c of the shoulder, and he's got a few double-fisted attacks which aren't reversable.

When playing against Jacky or Lau, I'd say 7 times out of 10, a mid-reversal is the way to go.