1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How do u handle Dural in VF4?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Freud, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

hi,
    care to share info regarding how u guys handle Dural?
    She is freaking fast..each time she touches me with her combo, its like half my life bar disappears. Her pace is fast, damage deadly and R.O. capability is beyond the game's.. =(
    How guys?? how??

2. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Dodge attack.
    She has two/three main hit strings which she always does .Look for throw opportunities after these strings. Don't repeat the same throw more than twice throughout the match. She'll start escaping the third throw attempt of the same type of throw.

Also she does a moonsault/stomp when you fall down. Roll to the side for a free combo when she does this.

Most of her attacks are mid, mid then high. Look for a low punch to throw. Or wait through combo and throw her.

3. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

thanks ken.
    its been tedious fighting her..and each time i lose...i have to start all over.. even have to pump in extra 1-2 credits to pass Akira at times... (i know..i'm not that good. =( )
    but i SO BADLY need to win Dural....

4. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Its much better to finish the game thru one credit.

Its definitely doable with one credit. You get more practice from playing up to Akira again rather than continuing.

Which character do you use? Cause the computer generally has certain "methods" that it'll fall for.

To beat the computer dodge attacks and waiting for throw counters is the way to go.

5. ken

ken Well-Known Member

tips using akira:

df+P+K - f, f+KK
    computer seems to always fall for this series...

Tips for lion:
    QCB+p - f, f+K, K - ***ff (dash) - f, f+K, K - f, f+K, K

keep doing this move.
    QCB+p = meteor punch, sabaki vs HP, MP, HK, MK, KN, Stomach crumble on hit.
    D(or U, neutral)+PKG is the dodge attack use often.

vs computer if you dash quick enough he will always TR. This part of the Sega AI. If you don't dash fast enough he wont TR(Tech Roll). So tap/buffer "f, F" commands straight after the fisrt "ff+KK"
    If he does TR, the second ff+KK will kick him out of TR and he'll be back stumble for another ff+KK.

This works against players as well for stomach/head crumble situtions. IF they TR when face down head towards you.