1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How do u hold ur joystick?

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by social_ruin, Jul 28, 2009.

1. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsME37GrqjY&feature=related

i don't use any of these. I use my index and middle finger on the left side of the top of the stick and my thumb on the other side. And then most my motions are pushing motions with my finger (when moving the joystick down or right, and then a pull/push combo between fingers and stick when moving left. Although, a left crouch dash is all fingers and up would be thumb and straight left would be thumb.

Hmmmmmm. No homo.

2. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I sore high like an eagle all day ev're dey [​IMG]

3. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Mostly all Wineglass(I thought it would be a combination of monkey grip and no homo too, but now that I thikn about it it it's just an irregular looking wineglass).

And one that looks like a combat slap, which is fully open palmed, like I was telling someone to "come here."

4. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    OK

How the fuck does no homo even apply when describing how to hold a stick? Even if my stick was my dick and I told you how I stroked it, that STILL doesn't warrant a no homo.

I detest the phrase "no homo".

5. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

*pause*

EvenPit likes this.
  6. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

I thought the same thing, but I thought that it was just me being oblivious.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  7. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Whoever came up with the name for that hold, probably just thought that it looked wimpy or you playing like a bitch.

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I had no clue that no homo was part of the vernacular when it came to describing how to hold a stick. It doesn't change how I feel about the phrase.

Also, the idea that someone would even think to deride me for how I position my fingers on a game controller is just ludicrous.

Slightly off topic and directed to everyone: the next time you experience something you don't like, please avoid the urge to think or say "OMFG! That's so GAAAAYY!" The truth is really "OMFG! I don't like that!" So leave it that way. Words that legitimately describe or categorize people, like female, black, homosexual, and more - I really think they should not be used derisively. /soapbox

9. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

u mad

10. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

^That's so negro.

I kinda use the "no homo"(no offense intended just the name used in the video), but I don't really hold it like the guy in the video does.

SDS_Overfiend1 likes this.
  11. ultralewis

ultralewis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    InfamousGeezer
    XBL:
    Infamous Geezer
    i am a wineglass man myself.

12. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I posted a picture a while back of how a stick should be held.

Anyone remember it?

13. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Yep, got posted in the shoutbox the other day. first time i'd seen it... I was mesmerised.

14. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    I do a modified monkey grip/open palm. Just depends.

15. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

I hold my stick like a American.

16. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

You mean with both hands?! How do you use the buttons [​IMG]

17. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    [​IMG]
    I got it on my MP4 player now. Showed it to a lady at work when she asked me if girls play VF. [​IMG]

Don't worry, she has a good sense of humour. I think i switch between the grip of DOOM!! and something like a wine glass grip, but am convinced i'm doing it wrong. Trying to change the way i use my stick at the mo.

18. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

with my red, white, and blue cock

19. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Didn't you say you were Mexican? Shouldn't that be red, white, green and all those colours in that eagle/snake/cactus monster thing?

Feck likes this.
  20. DarkVincent

DarkVincent Well-Known Member

Three Finger Rodeo with support from the ring and pinky finger under the balltop