1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How do u hold ur joystick?

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by social_ruin, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Gear Wolfen

Gear Wolfen Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Gear Wolfen
    First and foremost the phrase in homo is stupid as fuck, and pause is its retarded cousin. In watchin fist of. The north star right now. And. It kenshiro was rockin a dick right on his forehead he. Would still be oozing with virility. Why? Cuz he. Doesnt say shit like in homo was the first site of anything that someone else may percieve as gay. Second i hold my fightstick with humb on. Top index and middle finger in front ring and. Pinky in back so. All inputs are a flick of the wrist.

2. Gear Wolfen

XBL:
    Gear Wolfen
    I cant use tear drop sticks. has to be lolipop stick or i fail

3. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    i'm sure you can replace the bat top (teardrop) with a ball top (lollipop) by unscrewing it from the joystick shaft and removing whatever special adapter the bat top has in it to work on the shaft, unless the shaft is made for bat tops only.

if you can't replace the bat top with a ball top, your best bet is buying a ball top and a replacement shaft, but for a Korean joystick assembly, that might be difficult. if it were a Sanwa or Seimitsu stick assembly, those ball tops and shafts are readily available at Focus Attack or Paradise Arcade Shop or other online retailers. i'm not sure about Korean sticks, though.

4. Gear Wolfen

XBL:
    Gear Wolfen
    Well i have a six button SC IV fightstick from hori and it. Came with the ball top is i was golden. Right now.

5. JaLoHa21

JaLoHa21 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    I go with the good ol' 2 fingers on the outside 2 fingers on the inside position. Basically the monkey grip but with my Pinky and ring finger on the inside and index and middle finger on the outside.

6. CheekyChi

CheekyChi Well-Known Member

XBL:
    CheekyChi
    I use "No homo"... I don't get it to be honest... I use my little finger + ring finger to move the stick most of the time.

7. Voltaige

Voltaige Active Member

XBL:
    Voltaige
    Like a wine glass. Very comfy hold and it makes me feel fancy.[​IMG]

DomAug likes this.
  8. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Someone stole my jumper :eek:

9. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Mines is "The poolstick" Grip.

10. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I don't hold joysticks. I rest my hand on the surface, and keep my hand hovering around the stick and finesse with my fingers.

11. Jay David

Jay David Well-Known Member

"The Prince"

Tricky likes this.
  12. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Well-Known Member

Lol I hold the stick in the "No Homo" grip. REAL

13. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Now that I'm using a stick, (which is awful btw) I find myself placing the center palm of my hand on the top not pressing down too hard but hard enough. Its okay i guess, probably there r more efficient ways to hold it, but you know.

14. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I don't use sticks often but when I do, it's the wineglass.

evenpit you're using the monkey palm grip. no joke that's the name.

15. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Oh snap! Its destiny then its a wrap just a matter of time now.

16. Swevicus

Swevicus Active Member

Atari 2600-style - I grip the stick and move my wrist with it.