1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Counter...

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Attorney4Hire, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Attorney4Hire

Attorney4Hire Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Roperband
    ...Wolf's defensive move throw? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif ?

The guide doesn't say, and it gives me trouble.

Thanks in advance.

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Crouch, for starters. Low punch to crouch works too. At least the side version of the throw can be escaped, im not sure if the front one can too.

Wolf can also be low thrown out of it, possibly a well-timed highthrow works as well since the DM attack is a catch throw it is overridden by normal throws.

Unfortunately I cant test it by myself in dojo atm.

3. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

or escape it by :

Front Throw = 4PG or 6PG (mash PG)
    Side Throw = The side he throws you on (mash PG)

4. Attorney4Hire

Attorney4Hire Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Roperband
    Ok, I thought it had a special counter...thanks!

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    The catch throw will turn out different depending on which side he grabs you from, it has 4 variations, front, both sides, and backthrow. Backthrow cannot be escaped.