1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How do you do this kage combo?

Discussion in 'Kage' started by hamada, Jan 19, 2004.

1. hamada

hamada Member

I saw it in a video ,a kage player did it against akira after the tft he followed up with [4][P] [K] [6][2][3][P][K].
    Itried to do this but it doesnot work even with alittle dash before it.
    Sorry if someone discuss that before but i didnot find something on the search.

2. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

it'll probably work on light weights but I ain't sure. It's just like the double knee TFT combo cept it works on Aoi and Lion. Very hard to do also. TFT > knee > p > knee.

Might also wanna check the open or closed stances too. That might effect the combo. Or even timing.

overall thats not a popular TFT combo.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    You probably saw:

TFT - knee - [4][P][K] - [6][2][3][P]+[K]

This combo only works on Lau and Akira.

4. hamada

hamada Member

yes ,this is the combo i saw but it works only on lau chan for me,so how do you do it against akira?

5. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Your timing has to be very tight to land that combo on Akira. Just buffer in everything as early as possible.

Don't worry about it tho, most (high level) Kage players don't use that combo because it's so easy to miss. I've only seen players go for it when they absolutely need the damage...and even then it's a bad idea in a close match, since if you whiff the uppercut, Akira can hit you for free.

Lau is different story though, that combo is the best choice for him.

6. hamada

hamada Member

thx, I tried a little and it worked but only 1 time and i tried maybe 40 times.

7. Aoi_Mei

Aoi_Mei Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:

Lau is different story though, that combo is the best choice for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think [2_][6][K]--[6_][P]--[1][P][K][G]--[6][K]+[G]--light down attack is better. This does 83 damage if you delay down attack little, while other 82. It is also much reliable.

8. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

I'd rather sacrifice 1 point of damage for an encouraged tech than have the extra point with no chance of a tech.

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

No, the [4][P][K] > [6][2][3][P]+[K] is easier to pull off if you delay the uppercut a little bit.