1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How do you do this Lion combo?

Discussion in 'Lion' started by TexasLion, Aug 17, 2003.

1. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    I've been trying for like 30 min. It's his [2_][6][P][G], [2][P], [6][P], [P] (elbow into lunging punch)

The description says to add a small dash before the [6][P], [P] part, but it's not helping. I can get the dash in for the low punch, and can do his other combo's involving low punch after [2_][6][P][G], but this one is a killer. Since he's in the ducking position, he goes into that rising punch everytime. And if I manage to get the elbow off, it's way too late.

Does anyone know the proper and exact way to do this combo? It says it's good for ring outs since it knocks them pretty far across the screen. That's reason enough for me to want to learn it.

2. Anton

Anton Well-Known Member

Buy and arcade stick or you will be doing it for the rest of the day /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Works well only on light-weights.
    [2_][6]+[P]+[G]->[6][6][2]+[P]->[4][4][6]+[P],[P]

4. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

[2_][6][P][G],[2][P],[6][P],[P]
    I can't do that, just tried.
    where did you see this combo?
    like you said, after[2][P],[6][P]is change to rising punch everytime.

5. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Anton - I gots a Catch stick so that aint the problem

Ogi - I got it from the training mode, when you go into move list and hit the button, it shows you all those floaters and combos, that's one of them they show (but only for light weights like danny13 said)

danny13 - Ok, i'll try your way. that looks like it will work, backdashing. I just turned off the system so I'll try tomorrow. But it sucks if backdashing is the best or only way for it to work, their descreption in the game could have have mentioned that little fact, it would be nice. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

stil can't do that
    after [4][4], is going to far for [6][P],[P]
    some advice.

7. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Give me 5 or so min., i'll hook the system back up and try it danny13's way. Tell you if I can do it.

8. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Ok, I got it. Thanks again danny13.

1) Make sure your playing against a light character, like one of the chicks.

2) You don't even need to dash forward for the [2]+[P], just hold down immediatly after the throw and time your [P]

3) As soon as the [2]+P hits, tap [4][4][6]+[P]. [P] and the elbow will come out super fast, with no dash involved. If you did it correctly, it will go right into elbow after that low punch. You don't see him dash at all.

4) Make sure you hit the correct points for [4][4][6]. I was doing the Body Check from Akira on accident [4][6][6] and the lunging forward crumple punch kept coming out. Be sure you do it exactly right.

And that should work. I pulled it off 2 times in a row just now, and tried it like 8 times total. It takes practice, but you can get it. And it does knock them pretty far. Not rediculously far, but the farthest out of anything else out of that throw.

9. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

Thanks the Advice modstmouse
    I will try it again.

10. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

I did it with stick!!!!!!!!!! /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    only one time
    but is quite difficult.
    the probleem is you must do[4][4][6], very fast.

but thanks anyway danny13 and modstmouse.