1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How do you hold Japanese-style sticks...?

Discussion in 'General' started by Triple Lei, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Triple Lei

Triple Lei Well-Known Member

<a target="_blank" href=http://underactive.net/~jsison/_temp/1_vfstickhold.rm>Download</a>

Yeah, I dug this vid out from my Asahi Homecast Theater clip archive... is this really how you're supposed to be holding the Japanese-style stick? Now granted, the guy was mashing buttons, but maybe he had at least some idea...

(and I want a copy of the VFA... I didn't get any PM from that one guy...) /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

2. ShinJin

ShinJin Well-Known Member

LMAO, your are DEFINATELY not meant to hold the stick like that. the only ppl that hold it like that are old skool SF players (back then the sticks were hard as shit and that was the only way to pull of a QCF motion consistantly) normal ppl nower days hold it differently, they bend thier index and fore fingers to look like this ( , then they put the stick deep in the pit of thier fingers (o ,like that, some times resting the thumb directly over(on) the stick, or at a 90 degree angle to the index finger (also resting on the stick) kinda like this (o|.