1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

how exactly are items distributed?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by etrok, Apr 2, 2002.

1. etrok

etrok Member

i read a listing guide for promotions in kumite and when u recieve items after reachin a certain ranking. well, i was a 2nd dan and checked my items after getting promotion and i got the alternate color costume as expected. then i fight 2 fights and win both...one was a 1st kyu and other was a 3rd dan...well the treasure chest popped up on bottom of screen and i went to check items and the gold circlet and pink tuft earrings were in my inventory? as u can figure im usin vanessa...but my question is...is there really a set way to get items? i mean i didnt get a new rank and one of my opponents was a lower rank...any solution to this would be appreciated!!!

2. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

This is a good thread to look at:

<a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=kumite&Number=28982&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=Getting%20AND%20Items&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=28982> Unlocking Items </a>

3. etrok

etrok Member

so basically, no one knows for sure!!! i just recieved the army beret and was fighting a vanessa with army gear on...maybe that is the reason i got that item? oh well, my mission isnt just to collect all the items but to get as high a ranking as i can;-)

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I believe the white book (the official PS2 version guide in Japan) has all the items and which kumite characters you can get each from. Someone said they had scanned the relevent pages and put them up on the web... search for that thread. Unfortunately, SOA changed many of the kumite names, so the info isn't as useful with the english version of the game.

Edit:
    The link is also at the bottom of the "Spheres?" thread on this forum.