1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How high have you ranked your AI character?

Discussion in 'Console' started by soulmachine, Mar 17, 2002.

1. soulmachine

soulmachine Well-Known Member

My Pai is up to 4th Dan, but getting up beyond that is tough, imo. Anyone get to the post-Dan rankings yet?

2. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

3 words you are insane /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Ermmm, can i ask a small question?
    Can your pai do the D, f+p? modified or not doesn't matter.....

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Howard (segaduck) and I got Grand Emperor (final rank) with Lei a couple of weeks back. IIRC, Danny_13 has a G.E. Akira and Ice-9 has a G.E. Kage. There are a couple others, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Ignore all the below, you said "AI character" and I totally missed it.
    GO reading comprehension!
    ===========================

yeah, I'm three above emperor, whichever that is. I can't keep track anymore.
    It took a while to break out of tenth dan.

Unless you have a cheesy pattern that the CPU always falls for (like vanessa's b,b+KG thing or kage's u/f+KG trick).. you need to concentrate and play like it was a real vf match.

Some tips to make it easier -
    Learn which moves are throw counterable and throw them every time you block one. Don't block a big move and then go for your own big move.. the CPU never falls for it. If you block something like akira's double palm, vanessa's triple sidekick combo, or wolf/jeff's knee... do a throw right away. Remember to mix up throws, because the more often you use the same throw, the more the CPU escapes it later. At above emperor level, the CPU has escaped my throws six times in a row or so, even when I mix them up. It makes me pretty irate.
    A trick to throwing certain blocked moves (like the vanessa triple sidekick)---you need a throw that has a built in dash/crouch dash motion ... e.g. f,f+P+G or d/f, d/f+P+G. Some moves push you pretty far away.

My basic strategy vs. the CPU is
    -stand and guard.
    -if they get close and start poking with attacks, immediately do low punch --> throw. Low punch --> throw will be your best friend when it comes to winning in kumite.
    -if they do a big move and I block it, I throw.
    -if I can see an attack coming out that I know will whiff, or if I see a really big move miss (like jacky's kickflip) then I'll use a float'n'combo move. For pai that would be a basic kick, then PPPd+K. If they're far away, try pai's f,f+K (which staggers them) then try f,f+P,K.

Sometimes I'll open the round with a big move (the CPU falls for that often) but otherwise 90% of my damage against the computer comes from low punches and throws.

Also, if you get frustrated, there are some moves or canned combos that the CPU will fall for over and over again. For example, when I'm playing lau vs. lei fei or shun di, I can often do three or four elbow-palm combos before the computer catches on and guards/dodges/reverses.

Good luck.

Editing - the vanessa combo is like an elbow-sidekick-sidekick, not a triple sidekick. You'll know what I mean, the CPU loves it.

5. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

i thought he said ur AI char...? or did u get G.E. for AI too?

AI meaning the stupid dumbass computer controlled pet that u train him up to get trashed by other computer?

6. soulmachine

CreeD: great advice for advancing beyond the mid-Dans for non-AI characters. It helps to know these things as I am definitely not at FeixaQ's level. I hope to get past 10th Dan soon. Thanks!

FeixaQ: You wacky kid. My Pai is now up to 6th Dan, and has faced some oddly ranked foes (in the U.S. version) that are called things like "vanquisher." I guess I'll find out soon whether the highest ranked bosses are still called things like Dragon Emperor, etc. But "vanquisher"?

7. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Oops. Sorry. I didn't see the word "AI". My bad. LOL! My AI is 10th Kyu. Actually, I deleted the AI files within two hours of setting it up, Once I figured that the AI couldn't do the Lei Dance, I gave up on trying to train him.

8. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Occu has a 7th dan Lau...this was basically several weeks ago.

9. soulmachine

My AI Pai is up to 9th Dan and shows no sign of slowing down. I don't even think I'll bother fighting people in the office any more. I'll let them contend with her instead. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Also, in addition to "vanquisher," I've come across two other post-Dan rankings. One is "Hero," and I'm not sure where that stands in relation to a "vanquisher." The other one I forget because I am sleepy right now, but I think it may have been "warrior" or "champion."

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Bah, I really wish they kept the original designations and attempted a straight translation. Emperor, Wind God, Fist King, and the like just seem so much more interesting than pompous titles like Vanquisher or Champion.

11. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

yeah, but *ooohh* some people may be offended by devil god and devil king. *ooohh* phear it. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

12. Hot_Rod

Hot_Rod Member

Oh hey.

13. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

fist king...

14. soulmachine

I expect more people will be able to answer this question when the U.S. version comes out this Tuesday.

15. soulmachine

Total new rankings for U.S. version spotted:
    - Hero
    - Vanquisher
    - Stormlord
    - Conqueror
    - Thunderlord

16. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

someone on IRC mentioned to me that windgod is the same, except one word now.

17. soulmachine

My A.I. Pai has ranked up to Hero level, which is the first ranking past 10th Dan. It's not easy for her to stay at Hero though and gets bounced back to 10th Dan quite a lot.

Since teaching your characters how to tech-roll and do some of the more clever escapes is near impossible, I doubt I'll ever get to Dragonlord or any of the really exotic rankings. If someone manages to do it, please let me know.

18. realdeal77

realdeal77 Member

My A.I. Jacky got to High King with much coaching.

19. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

My AI Jacky is still languishing in 10th Dan... can't figure out how to teach it techrolls, or even simple combos, so I stick to the basics (elbow, low punch, throw, df+KK, etc.). Ironically, it's figured out most of its tricks by itself, since I can't have given it more than 20 minutes of coaching at 10th Kyu and I don't give it any feedback. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

20. KoolAsian

KoolAsian Member

I've gotten to Grand Master... of course with the use of the GameShark... lol /versus/images/icons/grin.gif