1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How is the AI?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by K1LLeR_Sp0cK, Apr 1, 2002.

1. K1LLeR_Sp0cK

K1LLeR_Sp0cK Member

Im curious how good/realistic the AI is.
    I know u can make ur own but how is the standerd computers AI?

2. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Its simply not the same as a player.

Its not too bad on attacking/defending on a move by move basis, but there is no pyschological element that is evident is human matches

3. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

AI's been fairly stupid, and does NOT play anything near an actual good player; they tend to throw out PPPK strings all day and nothing else.

this has been pretty much the same thing through any VF game; a couple of weeks ago i nearly beat the CPU lau with kage's reversals alone because he just kept doing the punching strings.

4. Kale

Kale Active Member

it doesn't seem stupid to me, especially the computer Akira.

5. cartman325

cartman325 Member

hey look the ai in this game is better than all the other fighting games. Also it's not going to be the best so give it a break. There is only just so much you can do with AI. The creatures couldn't do any better caus ethat was probaly the best they could do so give'em a break damit.

6. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Can the Ai be trained so it will play better? can the AI / CPU adopt sophisticated moves learned from human player?

7. Tekshow

Tekshow Member

i think it sucks, and i haven't played VF since VF2. Being a software program it is confined to patterns and algorithms, so it can never be fully spontaneous like a player. I've run into many situations knowing, "this is going to get me a guaranteed hit" because the AI reacts a certain way. It seems in the upper ranks the AI remains largely the same except the fact it has super human blocking skills. If you're getting up with a high kick it'll prepare a block accordingly, and if you switch to a low kick at the last moment before the animation it'll duck down seemingly aware you just made a button press. That's a poor example but they're all throughout the game...

but those are just my observations and i'm not to WarGod or anything yet...

Tekshow