1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How long did it take you to...

Discussion in 'General' started by KrsJin, Jan 4, 2007.

1. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

How long did it take you to get of level in VF where you could compete with others? I'm not saying necessarily placing high at majors or anything of that sort, but good enough to hang with other players and enjoy the game at a high level?

Also what helped you become a better player do you think? Stuff like quest mode, playing players better than you, stuff like that.

Reason I ask is, I've just recently had this burning desire to learn VF. I don't know if it from watching numerous VF5 matches the last week. Or the sense of nastolgia that hit me when I first sat down to play VF Evo this last Monday (Boy I got into that game late eh? lol) but right now I'm gung-ho VF while trying to keep focus in 3S. Quest mode is surprisingly addictive and rewarding, but just like any other fighters, I play this for the social and competitive aspect and can't wait to play people. I know there's a couple hardcore VF'ers where I live (Havn't played them yet) but I don't want bother them with everyone of my petty questions like this so I decided to post this here.

Thanks for the input -

beanboy likes this.
  2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    You might find the thread How many matches does it take to Master a character will answer most of your questions.

The advice I'd give for "mastering a character" is not too different to "how long did it take to be competitive" -- the destinations may differ, but the journey shares a common path.

Go out and find that local competition! Bring the players... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

3. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

You can still have fun playing with others, even if you've just started. I remember being horrible back in the day, playing in San Diego. Still not amazing now /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

To get competitive, you just have to play more people. I doubt that the VF players in your area would be that standoffish to help train a new player. You should drop them an e-mail or post in the Matchmaking section.

Good luck!

4. JohnTheGamer

JohnTheGamer Member

I've pretty much just started only like 260 wins is my highest with any character. I don't have any friends that play VF though so it's really easy to beat em when we play it

5. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

About two weeks, after I first played VF.:cool:

6. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Well, after doing all of the championship quests in quest mode, I realised that I was more ready, to take on real challengers.