1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How many are poss. in a float?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Ruffcoconut, Nov 10, 2001.

1. Ruffcoconut

Ruffcoconut Active Member

Sorry, its my first post. I'm a or was a religious Tekken Tag player who has just been captivated by VF4. I think in VF you call juggles floats right?

So how many hits can you get in a float?
    Are there any 10 hit string as such in the game?
    What are the basic properties of VF4? eg, punch, how to high puch etc.

I apologise for my scrubiness. But i promise in the end i will be just as good at VF4 as i am in TTT.

2. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

There are no 10 hit strings in the game. I think the largest "canned" combo is 4 or 5 hits with shun. I don't personally know how many hits are possible in a juggle...I am assuming about 6 or 7 with lau maybe? Basic properties...go read GLC's faq.

3. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Shadowdean do you mean hits after the float starts or total hits including the float ?
    If its total hits ive had more dissed to me by an Asian player in Paris .
    It was extremely fast so I couldnt count em all but it must have been around 12 hits total .

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Try the VF4 FAQ at
    <a target="_blank" href=http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/virtua_fighter_4.txt>http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/virtua_fighter_4.txt</a>

For earlier VF games, there's gamefaqs.com or the VF Archive. The VF Archive is every text file, movies, picture, or sound ever made about the Virtua Fighter games packed onto several CD's. It will be about five bucks to order.
    You can order by instant messaging me on this board (click my name, then click "send a private message")

As for ten-strings, no there aren't, and thank god. The longest preprogrammed combo is 5 hits.
    The biggest combo you can get in a float depends on the game. In VF1 I think Lau could kill you with about 10 or 12 hits in a float. In VF2 there was a trick that allowed you do to rapid fire jabs and you could probably cram about 14 hits in a float if you were very good. In VF3 the most I can think of is ten. In VF4 ... I dunno yet. The most I've seen is I think 7.

If you are looking for the ten strings already, I bet you have them all mastered in TTT. You probably will be just as good at VF4 as you are at TTT. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Canned combos (the VF equivalent of 10-strings) IIRC don't go beyond 5 hits (Shun/Jacky), and those are suicide except in very specific situations... even your basic punch-punch-punch-kick is used almost exclusively for float purposes, because it's so easily blocked and punished. You can get at least 8 hits in a float, but again, only combo-heavy characters like Lau can do this. Compared to TTT, VF has a lot more emphasis on one or two powerful moves in combos rather than several small ones. (Try doing a kickflip (Sarah, Jacky, Kage) after your float starters and notice how easy it is for the damage you do).

Other major differences that come to mind:
    Throw escapes and parries/reversals are much harder, but also much more rewarding. Vanessa and Aoi in particular have some evil mind games that revolve around their auto-parries.
    Unblockables are very rare, as are running attacks. Of course, you don't get hit by those in TTT either, eh? ;-)
    Staggers are rather frequent in VF, but you can usually mash out of them quickly.
    Block stun is much smaller in VF (almost any move is counterable with a PK, throw, or elbow, depending.)

6. Ruffcoconut

Ruffcoconut Active Member

This game sounds even more awesome.
    I have mastered most of the ten hit strings in Tekken but i don't use them, i only mastered them so i know which positions to block and when and where they hit. :)

Thanks guys.

7. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

For this, after the initial hit that launches.
    How many have you suffered through?

8. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

the most hits you can get in a float in vf3/vf3tb is 7, of course im only basing this on my experience (akira: pai stage: SDE, PKG x3, DLC= 7 hits), i have never ever seem higher than 7. if anybody seen more than 7 please let me know /versus/images/icons/wink.gif. as for longest canned moves, those belong to jacky then lau.

as usual, correct me if im wrong.

9. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Shadowdean I think it was 8 hits , but like I said im not sure it all was incredibly fast .
    Oh and on the subject of floats in VF3 on my arcade machine ( version A ) I managed 11 hits without use of the walls with Taka .
    More should be possible on the rooftop level or when nearby a wall .

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Sal, come on! :) An easy one that's eight hits:

Upkn, P, m-upkn, P, PPPsweep.

Someone want to clarify the eleven hitter vs. Taka?

I almost had forgotten about the infinite combo, if you cound that as "hits in a float" that was like 27, and you can keep going after they're dead.

11. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Yeah, sarah had a couple of 8's with the rooftop wall, the basic being dragon cannon x2, PPP, PPPflipkick. (one of the punches in the second set misses)

12. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Creed it was not versus Taka it was WITH Taka .
    Take can dish out some awesome shit , I miss the the big guy .
    Ommitting him from VF4 was WRONG .

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

What's an eleven hitter WITH taka then?
    I can't think of anything.
    You can get a max of six hits using OTB-vs-aoi crap.
    If you get a great float maybe f,f+P, P, PPPPPP, d+P, d+K?
    That makes me skeptical too though.
    What was it?

14. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

From memory High launcher sumo slaps then the low sumo slaps after wich a low launcher wich picks the opponent up on rebound .