1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How many frames takes moves like 'crouch dash', 'turning around', 'enter to stance'..

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by 40i4, Sep 2, 2012.

1. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360
    Like the topic..
    - 'crouch dash'
    - crouch
    - turning from 'back turnded'
    - turning from 'side turnded'
    - enter to stance (is it generall for all chars?)
    - enter to stance from move which has option for that ..

I need this for this..
    Suppose i did blaze P on guard so i got +2 .. then i could contiune with 2_3PK (exe:14f) and beat opponents P(12f) (because equal frames with +2 adv., mine is biggger dmg)..
    Everthing is fine except 'crouch dash' takes frames, how many?
    I'd like to know analogous situation for other from upper list.

2. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Backturned to normal=6 frames
    Sideturned to normal=3 frames
    Crouch whilst holding guard=1 frame
    Crouch dash=??

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    1 frame to transit into crouching state vs attacks, 5 vs throws. You get 1 fram delay when buffering "from crouch" moves, but... if buffered really early in the buffer window, there is no delay
    1 frame to transit into crouching state vs attacks, 6 (??) vs throws.
    supposed to be 6 frames, but saw some testing which states it is 5. dunno how credible it was tough
    supposed to be 3 frames, but saw some testing which states it is 2. dunno how credible it was tough
    character/move dependant
    this should be in my 1st answer

This is what I know/remember. I may be wrong, but hopefully I am not.

edit: you may ask chanchai to look at your questions, he knows a lot about VF

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    7 frames to crouch from standing position with [2][G]. Hasnt changed since vanilla.

If you press [2][G] while opponent is doing a high attack or low attack the crouching is instantaneous.

ps. entering stances is different for each case.

5. Chill

Chill +40 DP Content Manager Shun Gold Supporter

PSN:
    Chill58
    XBL:
    Chill PKG
    There are different stages to be aware of when turning around. So if you did an attack that left your character back-turned and then immediately held guard:

- On the 4th frame you would transition from back-turned to side-turned
    - On the 6th frame you can begin guarding attacks but are still side-turned
    - On the 10th frame you are no longer side-turned

This is from a theoretical even situation, so also include any frame advantage/disadvantage.

6. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Pretty sure you can't avoid the one frame delay with standing moves inputted from crouching. Moves with inputs like [3][3][P] are also prone to 1f delay but this can be avoided by buffering.

6f from backturned (with [2]+[G]?)
    3f from Sideturned
    7f Crouch
    5f Crouch Dash

That all sounds right to me, not sure about Backwards Crouch Dash.

7. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Thx for clarification, I was under impression this was made 1 frame faster in FS, dunno why
    This is what I found about this topic in VFDC wiki (in glossary to be specific); I believe this works in FS in the some way it was working in Vanilla..?

8. Feck

Yep, that's not referring to standing moves from crouching. It's talking about moves with multiple directional inputs like [6][6][P], [3][3][P] etc.

9. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    And how it works vice versa? I always tought that like this, I can avoid 1-frame delay if performing from crouch move inputted from standing state (what was in original question)?

Edit: I just re-read what you post originally and I am afraid I am arguing with someone who agrees with me (about stand->crouch moves)..? If yes, I am sorry for my bad english and poor attention combined when reading your post-

10. Feck

Not sure what you're asking here but as for the OP's question then I have no idea. In the VF I play high moves don't beat [2][P] :p

11. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I mean if you buffer from-crouch move properly after standing-move in FS, can you avoid that 1-frame delay?
    Like in P into 2_3PK with Blaze the original post was asking about?

I was always under impression you can avoid that 1-frame delay like it is described on VFDC wiki; but now I am confused.

12. Feck

Looks like I read his and your post wrong too. You seemed to be talking about inputting standing moves from a crouching state though, whereas he's talking about inputting from crouch moves from a standing state. My reading comprehension is terrible :)

I think the 1f loss is always there when buffering from crouch moves from a standing position, not 100% sure though. Someone should be able to shed more light on it.

13. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    No you cannot. The minimum of 1 frame loss is always there when buffering a "from crouch" move from standing position. This is because while it is possible to do a from crouch-move from the first frame of crouchdash, you still NEED to initiate that crouch dash.

As far as I know, there is no loss when doing a standing move from crouching however, unless you are forced to do a dash to avoid wrong move, in which case its propably same issue as with crouch dash.

It is possible to avoid the 1 frame loss doing a move with multiple directional inputs however, by buffering the entire input. This is a different case from a situation where there is a crouch dash or normal dash required.

14. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360
    Could we summarize it? with examples, because i'm a bit confused :D

15. Feck

You wasn't the only one :p

Moves with mutliple directional inputs like [4][4], [6][6], [3][3] etc. = No 1f loss if buffered correctly, can be very difficult to buffer correctly in certain situations.

From crouch moves buffered from standing = 1f loss even when buffered correctly. e.g Blaze [2_][3][P]+[K] from standing.

Standing moves inputted from a crouching postion = no 1f loss unless the input for the standing move clashes with a crouching move input. e.g Inputting Akira [4][6][P] (standing palm) from crouching will result in double palm instead, to get [4][6][P] you'd need to input [6][6][4][6][P] or similar which would result in a 1f loss.

That's about it right?

Tricky likes this.
  16. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Yes, thats it. The 1f loss is caused by the obligatory dash of some sort. Whether its crouch dash needed to do a from crouch move, or a dash needed to do a standing move from crouch that would otherwise clash with a from crouch move input (like Akira standing palm and double palm). If you need that minimum 1 frame of dash, you got a 1 frame loss.

17. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    After some rtesting, I can definitelly say that when it comes to BLOCKING, the REALL advantage against backturned opponent is not +6, but +5.
    If you are +12 and opponent is BT, then you will hit him with 17 frames move, but 18 frames move he will block (while sideturned).