1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How many here are 10th Dan or higher

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by kungfusmurf, Apr 12, 2002.

1. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Currently now I'm at 9th dan & I plan on putting even more of a ass kicking out on the CPU.

2. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Hehe, enjoy 10th Dan limbo... I'm fairly sure that there are a LOT of High Kings, Emperors, etc. on the board. I'm Stormlord at the moment, but I get bored fairly easily /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

I'm a grandMaster right now but I am about to advance

4. cooks94

cooks94 Well-Known Member

I got a champion Van player. been playing forever as a champion and cant go up.... btw her record is 312-4 jealous anybody???

5. King_Ruckus

King_Ruckus Member

I've got a High King Pai. I haven't really played with any other my other characters lately.

Man I wish there were some VF4 players in my area:(. I'd rather lose a match here and there against competition than wax the computer's ass over and over:).

6. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

!

High King Sarah!

ben

7. Enishi

Enishi Well-Known Member

PSN:
    dr_curien
    XBL:
    JoeTestman
    Re: !

I've an Emperor Akira. 90% wins

8. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

Anyone else find it odd that "High King" is the "best" rank in USA VF4? I like the sound of Emperor way more than "High King"... but I wanted at least one "maxed" char... so whatever. Maybe I'll make everyone else Emperor, just cause it sounds cool.

My wins are about 90% as well (something like 900-90 I think, however, 70-80 losses were from versus play, and about 200 wins from versus also).

9. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

hehe they probably intended to call "High King" "GOD!!!" but got slapped on the wrist by a committee or board or marketing department or something/versus/images/icons/wink.gif hehe

10. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    Champion Lion here. 92% with... 27 items.. methinks, maybe 28.
    Just wanted to say, I think playing against the CPU really kills your game against human competition. Playing the CPU, you get into pattern fighting... that can't be healthy.

11. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Hi!

I don't really agree with you. In the past, I used to make sure my winning percentage remain very high (total number of losses lesser than 30) therefore I will always used the more confirmed moves to win. Now I have changed my thinkings, winning percentage is not that important, rather the more important thing is that you are learning new stuffs. Without the more confirmed moves, my winning percentage went down to 80% (total number of losses over 200 plus) BUT I believe that I have improved on my gameplay. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Get that winning percentage out of your head and you should get rid of your pattern fighting as well. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

/versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif "Look at my picture before my mule kick hit you in your face!" /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

12. King_Ruckus

King_Ruckus Member

"Playing the CPU, you get into pattern fighting... that can't be healthy."

I understand what you mean perfectly. It's not hard to come across a cheesy pattern that the computer will fall for time and time again(especially during a 100 win streak in Kumite mode:) ). It's mainly up to you to change your patterns.

The computer will most likely tell you what you're doing in the Advice section anyways, such as using "Safe" moves too often. Just mix in new moves and you'll improve.