1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

how many new characters do you expect in VFX

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by nascarbryant, Jan 6, 2001.

1. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

I know it sounds silly.............but let's see who's right....

IN 93,94,96,....it was always two new characters,....maybe now after almost 5 years when VFX will actually release(end of year)......maybe there will be more?

well nascar says there will be 2 new characters again.....

place your bet......please....

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

will you STOP SPAMMING THE GODDAMN BOARD. PLEASE.

fucking hell.

myke......when are those killfiles going to be ready?

3. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

"IN 93,94,96,....it was always two new characters,....maybe now after almost 5 years when VFX will actually release(end of year)......maybe there will be more?"

- yeh, but remember that AM2 have been busy with the likes of shenmue.

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I am predicting 4 new characters, and complete revamping of the old ones.

5. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

I am still scared VF-X will not be a normal Virtua Fighting game, I mean why not just call it VF 4 my guess is that this will be the last game in the series. I just hope they do a better job of getting the support of arcade operators because the only thing worse than not having a new VF is having one and not being able to play it.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

6. nascarbryant

I have some interesting news for you..long time ago....when VF2 was a gigantic sucess..Yu Suzuki said in an interview he wants to make 5 V.F games(quintology)...each sequel on a different Hardware(sort of model1,model2,model3,.bet he wanted model 4 or 5 instead of Naomi 2-weakling)..after having done this 5 games...he wants to stop the series...I wonder if he remembers that..or if he has changed idea meanwhile...........about VFX gameplay...maybe you should look at Shenmue closley.......I could imagine thate the dodge -button...will be enhanced with new 'parry-movements'....also you can see there a lot of new motion captured moves that will also be found in VFX................

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Oh man, I honestly think having the dodge button double as a parry button would really bastardize VF.

I like the Shenmue beatemup engine, I actually do for what it is. I think the reason the dodge button doubled as a parry button in that game was so that you could at least avoid attacks from different angles.

Also, similar parries exist as inashi and I prefer that they keep with the basis they already have in VF3 (and of course some expansion on them). Having it like Shenmue and as a single button press would just turn it into Dead or Alive 1. Such a thing was designed for Shenmue's beatemup engine, an engine which I enjoy playing, but designed for the casual gamer in mind since Shenmue isn't designated at fighting game experts and fanatics exclusively.

A lot of moves from Shenmue are from various characters in VF3. I don't know if the non-VF moves are much of an indication of what to look forward to in VF-X though.

Also, keep in mind that we don't know what VF-X is really. Assume all you want, take in the latest rumors all you want, but we won't really know until they show us. It's been said by myself (long ago) as well as others (Lonelyfighter it was, right?), but seriously, we have yet to really know what the game will be.

-Chanchai

8. nascarbryant

Don't worry IT is a VF-game I read an interview with Yu-san some time ago......and he talked very open -heartedly about a VF-sequel............
    About Shenmue-moves............there are new hakkyoku-Ken Motion-captured moves(Yu is very fond of this fighting style.....he said that.......).........you can see it during the credits that a hakkyoku-Ken-master was involved...........look closely at the mountain of steel move it is very diffrent....from akiras MoS.......it's some sort of two hit combo...........and this is only an example for a lot of new moves that can't be found in V.F3tb........I don't think they did a lot of motion capturing for nothing (only for Shenmue)..........wait and see............but i agree there are some VF moves like the tornado kick or Jacky's beat knuckle.........but some of them are also slightly changed.......

9. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Well just because he talked about a sequel does not mean that this particular game is a VF sequel in could be some sort of spin off like a Streets of Rage type game with VF characters. So until I hear hear it otherwise from the lips of YU I will retain my fears that this game is some sort of VF spin-off

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin