How much does a vf4 arcade board cost?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by MazYorA, Apr 24, 2002.

1. MazYorA

MazYorA Member

How much does it cost for a Vf4 arcade board?Is there any way you can play it on your Tv?Where should I look to find one?

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

You need a Naomi setup. The whole thing (w/ two machines to play 2-player) runs about 800,000 yen -- about $6500 USD. Not sure what it goes for in the states.

3. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

completely not worth the money anywayz... simply get a PS2..

*rolls eyes*

4. GaijinPunch

Yeah, but you can buy boards & GD-Roms for $1500 or so as they come out. Not worth it to me, but Ikaruga is only $500 or so about 3 months ago. Not a bad deal for Naomi games that don't get DC/PS2 release.

Also, if you're into cheating, you can totally build up a strong character w/ your own setup. The No. 1 ranked VF.net guy in Japan supposedly has his own.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

eheh, you can get a high RANK, but not a high rating. Rating meaning place on VF.net's tracking system. Gotta pay for the vf.net connection. I wonder how much sega decided to charge for that?

6. GaijinPunch

Why not? If you're playing w/ your own cards, on mutliple mobile phone accounts (or w/ no name cards) you can rate yourself all you want!

The connection doesn't cost much at all as far as I know. I think it even runs over DSL/Cable, as long as you have the right info.

7. plUmber

plUmber Member

latest "news" I heard of (read, actually, on a shmups side) is that ikaruga shall come for ps2 & dc...? hope so! I dont want to miss the radi. silver. sequel(unofficial sequel I think).
    till that I stick with Gw and Gw2. hope to get Mars matrix these days.it never came out as a pal game, so my hope lasts on ebay to get as a used ntsc..:)

8. GaijinPunch

If you can read Japanese, check out the Ikuraga website. It says in plain Japanese 'This is the sequel to Radiant Silvergun' so it is official. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif