1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How much does a vf4 arcade board cost?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by MazYorA, Apr 24, 2002.

1. MazYorA

MazYorA Member

How much does it cost for a Vf4 arcade board?Is there any way you can play it on your Tv?Where should I look to find one?

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

You need a Naomi setup. The whole thing (w/ two machines to play 2-player) runs about 800,000 yen -- about $6500 USD. Not sure what it goes for in the states.

3. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

completely not worth the money anywayz... simply get a PS2..

*rolls eyes*

4. GaijinPunch

Yeah, but you can buy boards & GD-Roms for $1500 or so as they come out. Not worth it to me, but Ikaruga is only $500 or so about 3 months ago. Not a bad deal for Naomi games that don't get DC/PS2 release.

Also, if you're into cheating, you can totally build up a strong character w/ your own setup. The No. 1 ranked VF.net guy in Japan supposedly has his own.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

eheh, you can get a high RANK, but not a high rating. Rating meaning place on VF.net's tracking system. Gotta pay for the vf.net connection. I wonder how much sega decided to charge for that?

6. GaijinPunch

Why not? If you're playing w/ your own cards, on mutliple mobile phone accounts (or w/ no name cards) you can rate yourself all you want!

The connection doesn't cost much at all as far as I know. I think it even runs over DSL/Cable, as long as you have the right info.

7. plUmber

plUmber Member

latest "news" I heard of (read, actually, on a shmups side) is that ikaruga shall come for ps2 & dc...? hope so! I dont want to miss the radi. silver. sequel(unofficial sequel I think).
    till that I stick with Gw and Gw2. hope to get Mars matrix these days.it never came out as a pal game, so my hope lasts on ebay to get as a used ntsc..:)

8. GaijinPunch

If you can read Japanese, check out the Ikuraga website. It says in plain Japanese 'This is the sequel to Radiant Silvergun' so it is official. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif