1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

how much does vf4 cost in asia?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Fate, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Fate

Fate Member

u see in vids that people will have like 200-300 credits left.. how much do the credits go for in the first place?

2. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

I am assuming you are refferring to the lower number you see in the players win/loss record profile... AFAIK, the number starts as 500 games, and you have to replace the card when it expires....

Hmm, I always thought that credits are accounted for when people deposit coins in the machines... Now this makes me wonder however; does the player pay for 500 matches if he wanted to use VF.net? Or you still have to deposit money while using the card?? Maybe GaijinPunch can help answer this question /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

It's not that complicated actually. You buy a VF.net card from a little vending machine (Y500 or ~$3.80 USD). You still have to put in money regardless if you have a card or not. The card will keep track of 500 plays before you have to transfer for win/loss record to another card. Now, if you win, you keep playing, if you lose you gotta put money in to play again. It's no different than any other fighting game. The number of matches only goes down when you choose your character from what I can remember. So if you keep winning, it doesn't count against your card usage.

If you want to use VF.net, you buy a card. That's it. Now, to do the cool stuff like change colors/ringname and put on items, you need a cell phone that VF.net supports or a DC with the VF4 passport. It costs Y300/mo (~$2.30 USD) to access the system.

So, you can estimate how much money the player has used by multiplying the number of losses by the cost of playing the game, usually Y100 (~$0.75 US) in Japan.

4. Fate

Fate Member

so.. i put in the card instead of money.. but i don't pay unless i lose?

5. furyhawk

furyhawk Active Member

ar, 0.75 USD. Singapore cost around 0.35 USD for a normal size screen.

6. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

so.. i put in the card instead of money.. but i don't pay unless i lose?

<hr></blockquote>
    No, that's not how it works. I realize my previous post wasn't very clear. The card and money are totally separate. The card just saves your win/loss record, rank, ringname, and items you've equipped... it's not a form of payment at all.

You always have to insert money to play... just like any arcade game.

7. Fate

Fate Member

oh.. ok. i was always under the impression that the card was somewhat like a subscription

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Speaking of, that's not a bad idea at all. Phone cards commit you to paying XX dollars to a phone company, in return you get a better price. I'd LOVE that for VF, I'd cheerfully commit 50 bucks to a card in return for saving 10 or so. Places with tokens already have a system like this, but they usually rape you anyway, you have to commit 20 bucks just to get a "Correct" return of 80 coins. But that's just how it is in most US arcades, at least where I am.

I guess the original problem of dumbass US bengs destroying the card readers is still a problem.

9. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Close. You buy the card for 500 yen. Put it in, select your character, and that's your character for that card. Every match (no matter if you pay or not) it goes down by one. You could esentially put in 100 yen, win 500 times, and then have to get a new card.

When you renew your card, you have the chance to get a Genkyuu though. It's like a lottery, and I've yet to get one. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif