1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How much is the PS2 now?

Discussion in 'General' started by Pinkgirl, Jul 23, 2001.

1. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

In Singapore I mean... anybody know?

The last time I checked it was around S$800+ (that's ~ US$444).......

Wanna get one since VF4 doesn't seem to be coming here....

:-(

{{ <A target="_blank" HREF=http://shreddedbits.com>http://shreddedbits.com</A> }}
    Desktop downloads

2. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Though I have no idea what the prices are I strongly recommend everyone who doesn't already have a PS2 to get one soon. Discard your material love for Sega hardware! Sega has moved on and so should we. The only time I use my DC is for Third Strike and Shenmue. Not that any of the above really makes sence, it's just that owning VF4 is reason enough to get a PS2 IMO.

Adio.

3. Pinkgirl

Sigh...it costs too much! But if VF4 isn't coming here I'll very well consider! lol!
    Currently I have a Dreamcast and I really regret buying it cos not long after I did Sega announced that they wouldn't be making anymore games for it!!! >:-(

This is the last time I'm buying a Sega game console! >:-(

I am currently only using my Dreamcast for DOA2 and VF3 (lol! I can probably sell it as an antique now! rotfl); Shenmue was all in Jap so I didn't get it; the English version is stale now (its release came so late!) and I know the entire storyline already from those who've played the Jap version...

:p

{{ <A target="_blank" HREF=http://shreddedbits.com>http://shreddedbits.com</A> }}
    Desktop downloads

4. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Ha! Poor you Pinkgirl. But don't feel too down. It is indeed the last time you will buy a Sega console because, It is the last time you CAN buy a Sega console. With Sega dumping it's hardware division for the foreseeable future, your in luck. ^_^.

Don't worry, by the time VF4 comes out the PS2 would have dropped in price from what it is now. In the UK it's already dropped from £299 to £269, It's something. Cross your fingers.

Adio.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ah, phooey. For what it's worth, the Dreamcast is a fabulous console to own. I hardly consider it Sega's fault that the gaming public in Japan and (especially) America didn't warm up enough to it; missing out on the DC is their loss. Naturally, when all the best Sega games appear on the newer consoles, everyone will be fawning over themselves, oblivious to the fact that they ignored Shenmue, Jet Grind, Arcadia, Ferrari, VF, etc. the first time around.

Considering how cheap and easily available Dreamcast games are these days, it would be foolish to toss yours in the trash. Besides, VF4 won't be coming home until well into next year. Better to stick with what you've got NOW.

And, BTW, the fact that I still have to use this argument for almost two years running is really...depressing.

6. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

I understand your pain Daniel. I too was a die hard in that respect. A year ago I would have chewed off my manhood than buy a Playstation2. But, this in a way was my weakness. Sega make the best games, no one can tell me any different but, they don't make the best hardware anymore. You don't need to have loads of experience in the gaming field or a concept of what a game should be etc. All that is required is money, lots of money. Sega just aren't as rich as they were and with companies like Sony and Microsoft and their giant accounts, Sega had to step aside. This isn't all bad though, Sega can now concentrate on what is most important, the games. They can now release the very best software on the very best hardware at their lesiure.

The bad point would be that we will have to follow them to which platform they choose. I have a PS2 now but, I'm sure i'll be getting an Xbox as ny beloved Panzer Dragoon is in development for it. And I have a strong feeling that Virtual On is going to Game Cube. Hmmm... It all comes down to money. We better start saving...

Adio.

7. Pinkgirl

OMG...Microsoft's XBox... I was wondering if they'd actually succeed with the thing. I will _never_ give them my support cos MS's domination is driving me crazy. First computers and now the gaming world?! No way! And for all you other MS haters, go here: http://shreddedbits.com }}
    Desktop downloads