1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How skillfull is VF4?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by K1LLeR_Sp0cK, Mar 23, 2002.

1. K1LLeR_Sp0cK

K1LLeR_Sp0cK Member

I've been playing Tekken Tag Tournament for a few months now.....and I figured out it is a quite skillfull game.
    And I'm afraid with VF4 that wont be the same anymore cause the action is so fast u cant c a punch/kick coming ur way to dodge it. So it will be some button mashing game......

correct me if i'm wrong

tnx,
    Sp0cK

2. Mason

Mason Member

The difference is you have to anticipate your opponent, so it actually takes more 'psychological' skill than simple reflexes. Try and find some decent competition and see for yourself. If you like skill games you'll be a convert quick enough.

Mason

3. Rupp

Rupp New Member

when you talk about it being a "psychological" skill game it reminds me of DoA.. that was also very much like this.. predicting what they will do next.. i consider VF4 to be like a mix between DoA and TTT.. it's like DoA with more depth

4. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

doa has nothing on vf.......nothing. nada, zero, zilch......./versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. Rupp

Rupp New Member

DoA is a fun game, VF4 is a deep game.. it doesn't have to be deep to be good though.. i think i'm gonna end up liking VF4 more than DoA.. but DoA is still a very great and fun game. Although i don't like 3 very much.. 2 is great

6. Rupp

Rupp New Member

i do wish that VF4 had a tag and team mode though.. then you can have some fun 4 player action

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

fried troll, anyone?

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I agree with you, it is a button mashing game. You should stick to Tekken. Be sure to check out the forums at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com>http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com</a>, I think you will find more of your brethern there. The forums here at VFDC are quite boring, as there is only so much we can say about button mashing (I tend to favor mashing the kick button myself, but others here prefer mashing the punch button...idiots).

9. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

Mashing the kick button allows for greater range and damage yet the attacks are so very slow.

10. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Not Very... Pick the bald guy!

Thats exactly why they made Lei Fei the way he is.

Mashing P gets you into IN or DM stance if you're lucky.
    Mashing K gets you DM or TG depending on if you decide to wiggle clockwise or anticlockwise.

Mashing P+K gets you a knee combo move. Or puts you into TG stance while dodging.

Mashing P or K in stance switches in and out of IN and DM.

If you're lucky and happen to get into TG stance and mash P or K you'll get a KD or stumble and a big sabaki.

Mashing P+K+G gets you all the above. This is the best way to mash, because if you can do all the above and if you don't know what you're doing there's no way your opponent is going to know either.

So pick the monk you'll find him to your liking!

11. gaishou

Re: Not Very... Pick the bald guy!

wow ken you've made mashing an art practically...../versus/images/icons/smile.gif

12. plUmber

plUmber Member

lol...I prefer mashing the guard button...but its a tuff game, sooo hard to win even 1 round.going to check out tekken these days.

13. gaishou

personally i like to ball my fist up and hit all three buttons really hard. if i do it 4 times very fast and very hard, i can get dlc and sPod.....damn i'm good.../versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

14. plUmber

plUmber Member

I take both hands and get the dlc and spod at the same time...huuuge damage...hehehe

15. gaishou

i'm gonna have to try that..../versus/images/icons/smile.gif yoho can be done with one hand and smashing my head on all three buttons. now THATS skill.....

16. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Gah...u haven't seen anything yet.

I can unplug my friend's stick from the 2p port with my toes while doing DLC and lighting up a cigarette at the same time.

17. gaishou

i was talking arcade....lol. you got me on the console.

18. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

what? you have the skill to button bash!!?? i've seen those experts do it in DoA so much i never knew VF4 was so DEEP!!

too much! too much!

19. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Wow! This is the most in-depth analysis of button mashing! I'm really grateful. I can tell newbies the finer intricacies of button mashing with Leifei /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

20. xDURALx

xDURALx Member

You fools, mashing the Evade button in VF3 was the ticket. Just put your back to the edge of the ring, then when someone mashes a punch or kick combo, you evade until you're out of the way and they ring themselves out.

I'm thinking of getting VF4 (actually, VF4 is a given, it's the PS2 I'm hung up on), but I'll need to find a new technique.