1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

how to avoid standstills?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by pkg_inc, Sep 28, 2004.

1. pkg_inc

pkg_inc Well-Known Member

When playing versus, I sometimes find myself in the akward position where both me and my opponent stands still, guarding. Whenever I'm in range for a throw, I go with that, and it works most of the time. But, when I'm too far away - I don't know how to deal with it. Ok, you got dash -> throw, but that won't do (I got two/three regular opponents), they just throw my ass or go for a floater. Punch -> throw is ok, but not relieable. So I'm wondering what to do. Attacks won't do (cause he's guarding), but closing in for a throw is difficult. Ideas? Oh, and if it makes any difference, I'm playing Vanessa.

2. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

D [6][6]+[K]

From max range very safe. If it gets blocked you can just backdash/boxstep, guard punches, [4]+[K], [1]+[P],
    [4][6]+[K][P]...lots of good options.

D [1]+[K] is good from long range too.

Other than that just turtle your ass off and wait for them to do something.