1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How to Beat: Virtua Fighter

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by TerryMasters, Sep 5, 2010.

1. TerryMasters

TerryMasters Member

I know I could never teach you guys anything, but I thought I'd let everyone know that I made a video this afternoon on how to beat the original Virtua Fighter with just one credit. You can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojbOYtfON_k

Throughout the video I mention things about the game that I'm sure are already in the FAQ (Movie Maker needs a text background feature), but I'm also going to do one on VF2 soon. Hope you guys like it.

-TM

2. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    lol bit at the end was great

3. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

with Jacky in VF it's much easier to do LBF,punt repeat (or LBF, PPf+PK).

4. TerryMasters

TerryMasters Member

Just a heads up, the VF2 video is out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlE4V7vQrNg

I spazzed at the end though. Entirely my fault. Still, you might enjoy it. I don't have a VF3 board yet, but I do have Evo... not sure what to do next. Maybe I'll keep an eye on eBay and if I find one, I'll make a consolized 3tb.

5. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    *huge bump*

Maybe it's emulation issues, but forward crouch dashing at point blank range seems to go under [3][K]s, Pai/Lau's ws [K]/ Kage's [2][K]+[G], Jacky's [6][K] (sometimes), and some other mids, and with any character with strong throws (i.e. Jeffry/Wolf with [3][3][P]+[K]) punishing a whiffed mid leads to a lot damage. Not to mention the A.I. really likes throwing out [K]s. This strat works up to Lau, with Akira punish the inevitable [6][6][P] with [P][K], and Dural eats [2][P] like crazy.

lol, I'm playing VF1. Even more lol, I like it and want to teach my nephew.