1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How To Counter?

Discussion in 'Brad' started by harz, Mar 7, 2008.

1. harz

harz New Member

hi guys, iam a brad newb. and have a big question

how can I counter the attacks of the opponent with brad? I do not mean block but opposing attacked intercept and into a counter attack convert. as with Dead or Alive 4. many of the other players intercepted my punches simply and attacked then, thus countered. is it possible the fact that brad the punches and kicks of someone counters? please says to me as that goes!

2. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    do you mean reversals? or simply counter attacks. everyone is capable of CH, that's when the opponent is pressing something and you attack him before he can do his attack.

3. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

Countering in VF means hitting someone with an attack while the other is still in the startup animation of an attack of his own. What you're asking about are reversals in VF terms.

Note that reversals are not as ubiquitous in VF as they are in DoA, in fact, it is advised not to use them at all until you know exactly what you're doing. In DoA everyone has reversals fro everything, in VF this is not so, and the damage/risk payoff of reversals is usually pretty bad. (In DoA you're practically forced to use reversals because of hitstuns, which force you to use a reversal or eat another guaranteed attack, VF doesn't work that way, you can't break out of staggers or disadvantage with a reversal.)

With that out of the way:
    Brad has /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif that works against mid kicks only, most useful thing about this one is that he can nab all mid-rising kicks with it. And then there's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif from ducking that stuffs low punches (and can launch the enemy with an extra /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif input). That's all he's got in this department.

If you want to play a reversal heavy game you'll have to pick another character really. Remember that Aoi is the only character that can reverse every attack in the game (and she's practically bottom tier, though tiers are nowhere near as prevalent in VF as in DoA).

ps. There are also sabaki's (attacks that deflect certain other attacks) and inashi's (reversals that do no damage but rather give frame advantage). Several character also have stances that automatically reverse or inashi certain types of attacks if you input nothing, which are usually called auto-reversals. Brad has none of these either.

edit: yeah, mid kicks only...

4. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    yes, altough the reversed kicks are mid kicks. Don't have DoA experience, so i didn't know what you meant exactly

--Edit--
    oh good, the "high kicks" are fixed