1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

how to execute modified lifting palm for Lau?

Discussion in 'Lau' started by Akirafan, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Akirafan

Akirafan Member

As above, I need some help. Also what techniques are good after Lau evades an attack successfully? I am grateful for any help rendered.

2. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Lau's built-in P+K+G evade attack is actually pretty nice, but if you've got a combo opportunity, you might as well go for a df+P+K superknife combo and net yourself 70+ damage.

For the lifting palm, just tap db,db,df+P. You don't need to hold the second db motion as long as you progress to df+P fast enough.

3. Akirafan

Akirafan Member

Well when you evade a single punch or tracking moves, it's hard to use superknife as your opponent either recovers too fast; or he will MC you instead...
    I have read in Virtua Fighter 4 The Perfect Guide, known as the white book, that to use modified lifting palm you go d/f, d, d/f + punch.
    the thing is, is a rolling motion or is it input seperately?
    when you evade attacks, is it possible to be fast enough to do m-lifting palm, MC opponent and string a PPP,K or d+K?

4. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Well when you evade a single punch or tracking moves, it's hard to use superknife as your opponent either recovers too fast; or he will MC you instead...

<hr></blockquote>

usually just go for a throw it works better after evading a punch.

I have read in Virtua Fighter 4 The Perfect Guide, known as the white book, that to use modified lifting palm you go d/f, d, d/f + punch.
    the thing is, is a rolling motion or is it input seperately?

<hr></blockquote>
    yap it's a rolling motion. most pple i know do it that way.

when you evade attacks, is it possible to be fast enough to do m-lifting palm, MC opponent and string a PPP,K or d+K?

<hr></blockquote>

probably... if u evade a can combo.

5. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

I've been playing Lau for a long time and there's another way of doing his lifting palm that I've discovered, that many many people don't know about, and it's a good way to do it so I'll share.

tap d/f+G, release G, continue to hold d/f, press punch. You have to delay the Punch a half second after releasing G. It comes out some nice looking and fast.

This also works for Shun's lunging punch, Kage's rising knee, and Akira's shoulder ram, ect..ect.. It works great for MC.