1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How to jump in VF4 ar?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by furyhawk, Mar 22, 2002.

1. furyhawk

furyhawk Active Member

How to jump in VF4 ar? Just jump only, not 8P.

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

It's been asked before... and it is in the faqs... but I'll tell you the answer anyways. Press any upwards direction and Punch or Kick at the same time and hold whichever attack button you pressed.

-Chanchai

3. furyhawk

furyhawk Active Member

thanks

4. will

will New Member

Quick hop question: I'm a newbie to the game and have been fooling around trying to get that jacky setup down; the one where you throw (P+G) and then hop over the downed opponent. I understand that to hop you do u + (hold P) but for some reason I can't hop fast enough over my opponent... I only end up half way over as the opponent gets up and then my opponent pushes me back to the same side I jumped from. Am I missing something? Is there a way to hop faster than what I'm doing after I throw?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

maybe it's just possible for them to get up quickly enough to foil the trick. Maybe they must be lazy for it to work.

Or maybe you should buffer the hop. You can probably start earlier than it looks like you should... EG while the opponent is crumpling to the floor.
    I assume you're not doing the d/f+K ground kick after the throw right? Doing that and then trying to hop would never work.