1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

how to keep the spheres?....

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Sudden_Death, May 15, 2002.

1. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

ok, I got the first set of spheres for akira, then I got the second set which gave me nothing as expected, they didnt dissapeared either as expected, then I said cool i get to keep them, but I lost to some kumite shun and lost one of the spheres. wtf! i though you get to keep them once you get all the items for it.

what's happening?

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Heh, don't lose :)

The Shun took your sphere. Any Kumite fighter above a certain rank (I'm sorry I can't identify that rank for you) will take a sphere from you when they win. It appears to me that if you're ranked high enough to take spheres from others, everyone you fight will be ranked high enough to take spheres from you.

3. Sudden_Death

Re: Heh, don't lose :)

but my akira was a high king, the shun was lower rank....

4. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

You can lose spheres to any oponnent ranked 2nd dan or higher. But you also can win them back, when you face those oponents, who take your spheres.

My suggestion is to create a dummy character and rise him to 2nd dan, then give him all spheres, that you have.

5. Sudden_Death

so in other words, you just cant keep them /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

6. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

stealing spheres is fun

7. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

You need to go w/ the 2-dan fake card. That's what all the arcade fighters in Japan do. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

8. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

wha is a 2nd dan fake card?

9. SpiderMan

SpiderMan Member

2nd Dan fake card is when you create yourself a dummy character, and rise them up to second dan. Then you have the 2nd dan character (the "dummy") KO your normal character and take your spheres. That way, you will always have the spheres stashed away on your "mule" (or dummy, whatever you want to call it), and if you need them back, just beat your 2nd Dan dummy char to win them back

10. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

o aight i do that all the time i have bout 4 of those 2nd dan fake cards but i never knew u called it that