How to kill Wolf clip1

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by sta783, Nov 19, 2000.

1. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

http://www.virtuafighter.com/new_movies_here/gorilla_skeleton.wmv
    (7.81MB)

Gorilla-Kagesuke (Wolf) vs. Skeleton (Kage)

I'm a big fan of Skeleton's Kage, the way he cheaps out the others.

I stand by that Kage is an ultimate "Wolf killer". Kage needs no TFT. Just throw out P, low-P and elbow to bait Wolf's attacks.

- Good defensive option after blocked elbow (Kage)
    - P, P, f+P, b+P (Wolf); guessing game between the low-throw. Do something to interrupt the low-throw, get caught by b+P (obviously not low-P though)
    ...of course, a series of side-rolls and continuous b,d/b,b,d/b....for taunting.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by sta783 on 11/19/00 10:29 PM.</FONT></P>

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Again, "muchos gracias!!!!" (I'm sure I spelled that wrong)

and no, that's not read as "much as grassy ass" (forgive the writer, not the pun; it's the return of Imashroom!!! but not a shroomhead/images/icons/tongue.gif)

Anyways, regarding your comment on Kage being a "wolf killer," I am curious to know if VF3tb has become an exercise in particular matchups and what not. In Japan or anywhere there is high level play. Much like I hear Super SF2 Turbo is... This doesn't mean the game would be unbalanced at all, but rather, balanced in a different way than "all are balanced to fight each other." I still feel the game gives great odds to all characters against each character, but I'm curious if the game's been narrowed down into specific matchups.

-Chanchai

P.S. Is anyone gonna put these movies plus Shota's "liner notes" in the news update sections?

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

>it's the return of Imashroom!!!

josh, if that pill you offered me before was a cyanide pill, i'll be taking it about now.

>but I'm curious if the game's been narrowed down into specific matchups.

only in people's minds...

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

4. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

I am curious to know if VF3tb has become an exercise in particular matchups and what not.

First of all, the statement "all characters have a chance" is particularly true for VF3TB.

Having said that, there still is a matchup that's tough for certain characters. Wolf vs. Kage is surely one of them. Wolf definitely needs to concentrate more, as any factory-made Kage can give certain degree of trouble.

But again, character balance in VF3TB is still surprisingly well done. I used to use Birdie in SF Alpha series 1 and 2. And when Alpha3 came out, that's when I gave up on SF series. I just felt impossible to go up against those insane V-ism lineups, and didn't feel like banging my head against the wall.