1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How to kill Wolf clip1

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by sta783, Nov 19, 2000.

1. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

http://www.virtuafighter.com/new_movies_here/gorilla_skeleton.wmv
    (7.81MB)

Gorilla-Kagesuke (Wolf) vs. Skeleton (Kage)

I'm a big fan of Skeleton's Kage, the way he cheaps out the others.

I stand by that Kage is an ultimate "Wolf killer". Kage needs no TFT. Just throw out P, low-P and elbow to bait Wolf's attacks.

- Good defensive option after blocked elbow (Kage)
    - P, P, f+P, b+P (Wolf); guessing game between the low-throw. Do something to interrupt the low-throw, get caught by b+P (obviously not low-P though)
    ...of course, a series of side-rolls and continuous b,d/b,b,d/b....for taunting.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by sta783 on 11/19/00 10:29 PM.</FONT></P>

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Again, "muchos gracias!!!!" (I'm sure I spelled that wrong)

and no, that's not read as "much as grassy ass" (forgive the writer, not the pun; it's the return of Imashroom!!! but not a shroomhead/images/icons/tongue.gif)

Anyways, regarding your comment on Kage being a "wolf killer," I am curious to know if VF3tb has become an exercise in particular matchups and what not. In Japan or anywhere there is high level play. Much like I hear Super SF2 Turbo is... This doesn't mean the game would be unbalanced at all, but rather, balanced in a different way than "all are balanced to fight each other." I still feel the game gives great odds to all characters against each character, but I'm curious if the game's been narrowed down into specific matchups.

-Chanchai

P.S. Is anyone gonna put these movies plus Shota's "liner notes" in the news update sections?

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

>it's the return of Imashroom!!!

josh, if that pill you offered me before was a cyanide pill, i'll be taking it about now.

>but I'm curious if the game's been narrowed down into specific matchups.

only in people's minds...

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

4. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

I am curious to know if VF3tb has become an exercise in particular matchups and what not.

First of all, the statement "all characters have a chance" is particularly true for VF3TB.

Having said that, there still is a matchup that's tough for certain characters. Wolf vs. Kage is surely one of them. Wolf definitely needs to concentrate more, as any factory-made Kage can give certain degree of trouble.

But again, character balance in VF3TB is still surprisingly well done. I used to use Birdie in SF Alpha series 1 and 2. And when Alpha3 came out, that's when I gave up on SF series. I just felt impossible to go up against those insane V-ism lineups, and didn't feel like banging my head against the wall.