1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How to use Pai's d+P+K ?

Discussion in 'Pai' started by Alx, May 17, 2002.

1. Alx

Alx Member

I kind of understood that this "stance" (d+P+K or u+P+K) was a sort of protection against low kicks, but I can't find a way of using it right.
    I observed the CPU AI and it seems to use this stance quite often, but without any purpose (most of the time it will only make the CPU Pai vulnerable).
    What is the right moment to use this ? It can't really be used like a reversal since it's too slow, and if you anticipate too much it's even less useful than Lei's auto-parry stance (who would choose to attack when it will be obviously reversed ? well, my stupid AI char would, of course, but who else ?)

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

The move is actually an anti-dodge. There will be times to use it, but it really depends on your opponent and the pace of the match you guys are playing.

Because some attacks execute off axis a bit, it will catch some attacks, but for the meantime, don't count on it too much.

It's an interesting move to use, but using it against the CPU probably won't be too much fun unless you know how to set up the CPU for it.

-Chanchai

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    It's not really a stance in that you cannot perform any moves from it.

If you had searched for "pai trip" or "pai d+p+k" you would have come across <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=training&Number=35200&page=&view=&sb=&o=>this thread</a>. Read it and you'll find your answer.

4. Alx

Alx Member

Thanks a lot. I had made the search, but I searched for "d+p+k" and the thread uses "d+k+p", I suppose that's why I didn't find it. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif