1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How to win with Jeffry McWild

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by PIONEER11, Mar 21, 2002.

1. PIONEER11

PIONEER11 Member

He's not that popular. That's why I chose him. I like to win with unpopular characters. I'm new to VF but I''ve been reading this board for four months. So... How do I win with this guy?

2. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

hit them them until they die thats usually a good way to go about it

3. PIONEER11

PIONEER11 Member

Thanks, I just learned how to walk yesterday. I don't know how to play fighters. I'm only 26 years old. Excuse the sarcasm.

4. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

d+K+G x 2. Not pretty.

5. PIONEER11

PIONEER11 Member

Thanks Mr. White.

More techniques please.

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

oop, you might wanna watch out using this one. It works in older versions of VF4, but in new ones d+K+G never knocks down (that includes the playstation 2 version)

Jeff's pretty simple to play. Make opponents guess between 2 things:

f+K (knee) --> d+P --> f,f+P,P (dashing elbow-uppercut) ... this combo works almost every time after the first hit connects.
    or
    Any good throw, like d/f, d/f+P+G.

also learn to do d+P, followed immediately by a throw. If the d+P hits, the throw often gets them too. If your opponent whiffs an attack (you didn't have to block it)... use b+P, then u+P to pounce on them. If your opponent does lots of d+P up close, use b+K,P. It's a pretty decent two hit combo, and often u+P will connect afterwards.

7. PIONEER11

PIONEER11 Member

Thank you CreeD

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

9. Boumxyz

Boumxyz Member

Being Patient is the key.. But not too much.. You gotta wait for openings or create them.

I usually keep them at bay and as soon as they risk long range slow maneuver I counter with B+P

Or I do the B,D/F + P,P if you time it right, You might dodge a high attack and hit with the second punch.

Jeffrey can't hit very fast, so learn the speed attack of him when you're in trouble and need a lil break. B+K,P is his fastest mid attack.

Air and Bounce combo is the key to win.. That and knowing when to throw.

The small things makes a difference.. Whenever you can add a low attack when your opponent bounce do it. After each Sidekicks that hit I do either D+K+G or D/F+k+g. or you can follow with U/F+K+G.

After each B+p that hit I do same thing.. Sometimes it's risky if opponent knows how to recover..

Tougher combo that are easy enough to do regularly no matter the weight of opponent

Knee or B,F+P+K then follow up with D+P, B,D/F+P,P

Throwing.. If you want to win VARY your throw. If you can master low throws you're gonna win also.

F+p+K and any low throw is a good combo
    same with D+p+k and any low throw
    also d/b+p+k and any low throw

Don't use B+P+G throw it now sucks, unless you're close to wall.

If I've got the back to the wall I do the D/b+p+g, and follow up with sidekick and u+k+g. Opponents seldom recover from walls...

Hope it helps you a bit.

10. Isaak

Isaak Member

Also, sidesteping is very important when using jeffery. whenever u sidestep follow with quick attacks like b+p, d+p, or b,f+p+k.

11. TomDC85

TomDC85 Well-Known Member

[1][P][G] is usually used in arenas with no walls, so people will expect it. Course, cpu ain't too bright so you can use it in places with no walls as well. If the distance is right, a wall hit with [1][P][G] can be followed with [K],[K],[P],[3][K] for a total of 103 damage and a 5 hit combo (10/10 for style). If the distance is a little off, use [2][K],[P]. Nowhere near as powerful but still good. [6][P][K], low throw is always a winner as he has three different low throws. If the stance is right (can't remember what is has to be, haven't played him for a while), [4][P][G] as a wall hit can be comboed with [K],[K],[P] for ridiculous damage. Maybe [3][K] is also workable at the end.

12. Isaak

Isaak Member

that is some good shit u got there with the [4][P][G] into a [K][K][P] on the wall. I never thought [K][K][P] would work on the wall.

13. TomDC85

TomDC85 Well-Known Member

Don't mention it.

14. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

Well [4][P]+[G] isnt really that bad of a throw in my opinion, as long as you have good mix-ups after it.

The damage on the throw is overall weak when the opponent recovers, but Jeff is left out of [2][P] range for his opponent, so they have to resort to something else.

Heres some things I follow it up with:
    [6][P]+[K] -> crouch throw (for people that throw something high or duck when recovering

[4][G]+[P]+[K] -- [K] (counter hit) -- crouch throw
    Nice when people get up using the same attack over and over

[2_][3][P]
    avoids some blows, stuns on counter, good range.

And sometimes you pressure them again with another throw.