1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How well do you know the other characters?

Discussion in 'General' started by Temjin, Jun 8, 2008.

1. LemmyIsTheGame

LemmyIsTheGame Well-Known Member

It's good to see the level of maturity on this forum. As for that image or this 'valestyle_gove' - I've never seen or heard of any of them before. Maybe it was someone we knew at University who took our picture and pretended that was their face, I've no idea. But it's nice to know that instead of serious replies about why you agree or disagree with what my brother wrote, you are digging through old posts to try and put me down. I think Kage's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif has been under-rated by being called useless...hilarious!

I don't remember playing you so I'm guessing it was 1 or 2 random ranked matches. I wouldn't brag about beating someone you had one match with.

Yeah sorry, I'm sort of having a break from VF. I was getting a bit tired of it and not to risk getting completely fed up with the game, I decided to have a break. Hopefully I'll find it as fun as ever when I get back to it. Certainly like some more matches with you Howl.

Back on topic - what happened to FIGHT1NG V1PER is the same person as LemmyIsTheGame? What's it like to know you're wrong after all this time?

2. LemmyIsTheGame

LemmyIsTheGame Well-Known Member

I have already played you on ranking match once before (ages ago) and even though it was only one quick match, I could tell you are a good player who I would have trouble beating. But obviously for some reason you took my brother's rant personal. Thanks for the insults!

3. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

No, I'm not bragging just bringing your brothers tales of grandeur down to earth a
    little. I've beaten you way more than once. They are ranked matches so it's not
    like we played consecutively but I've never lost to you when I've played you.
    It must have been luck though since I'm really horrible I guess. Either that or
    you weren't using a character you're good with. Wait? Don't you play them all
    equally?

Also a friend of mine has played you enough to say "Lemmyisthegame is on VFDC?
    I'm surprised he's not very good. Why do you want to play him?" Right before I
    beat you. Honestly I never payed attention to your screenname before I saw your
    odd perspective from your posts on here. I have a habit of hunting VFDC members
    just to see how good they really are.

For the record I'm not saying your a bad player but you're not so good your
    brother needs to write an essay about you.

4. Sp00n

Sp00n Well-Known Member

I think I invited you to play at least 3 times lemmy but you always seem to find quest mode more interesting then me. Should I feel insulted?

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    KiwE, what an amazing find! I think it might be better to ask FatalRose where he got the pic from?

Lemmy, let's get one thing straight: nobody gives a shit about how good you may be, or how crap you may be. Everybody does, however, give a shit when you constantly blow your own trumpet, or when your "brother" Fightingviper or "secret admirer" Raxel, incestuously blow it for you. Claims about one's own skill don't account for shit -- this is the only message the regulars here are trying to get you to understand, but you stubbornly resist.

So, about your skill and mastery of ALL 17 characters (equally, heh) -- why is it that no respected VFDC regular in the UK can vouch for you? Newbies don't count either.

Seems like the introduction of VF5 on Xbox Live has brought the online community so much closer. VFers in the UK are playing, and getting acquainted with the US players on the east coast. Yet, somehow, you've managed to utterly avoid everyone? Is this by fluke or by choice? For someone who has been playing since 1994, this just seems really bizarre. Why would you not be going out of your way, as almost everyone else has, to reach out to the community online? Did those mashing Vanessa's and Lei's really scar you for life? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Anyway, there are more things I just can't figure out about the Lemmy, Viper, Raxel love triangle. An interesting (paraphrased) exchange within this very thread:

[Raxel] The best player I have played online is 'Lemmy is the Game'.
    [FIGHT1NGV1PER] Well I agree completely with Raxel. I am far more impressed with my brother's ability that anyone else I have seen.
    [LemmyIsTheGame] (in reply to Raxel) Thanks for the positive comments! I don't remember playing you though. But then again, I have played the game TONS and I don't remember a lot of people.

Within the 24hr period of this exchange, Lemmy, FightingViper, and Raxel all logged in and posted on VFDC from the same computer (same IP address).

Beginning to smell fishy yet, anyone?

OK, let's continue to humour Lemmy for the moment. Let's ignore the "brother" and just assume Raxel is a real person. What do we know about Raxel?
    <ul>[*]Raxel, although a long time VFer only signed up to VFDC recently. Within minutes of signing up, he posts his <s>love</s> defence of Lemmy.[*]Raxel is the name of a Fighting Vipers character.[*]Raxel happens to also love Fighting Vipers!. What a surprise![/list]
    So let's recount:
    <ul>[*]Lemmy's been playing VF since 1994[*]Raxel's a long time VFer too[*]Both are Fighting Viper fans[*]Both have logged in and posted on VFDC from the same computer in the same house.[*]Yet, Lemmy doesn't know who Raxel is?[/list]

Analogies are great, aren't they? Let's try one:

I'm fanatical about Tobal 2! In fact, I play ALL characters extremely well (and equally, heh) and I've played the game TONS!

I have a brother that also plays Tobal 2. But, he's not as good as me. In fact, he'd go as far to say he's shit (his words, not mine!) Just because we're brothers and we live together, PLEASE don't confuse us! He's the shit one, OK?

If you actually saw how good I was and were impressed (because it's hard not to be), you wouldn’t admit to it and be forthcoming with any praise because many of you are just vile creations of the Internet and from spending so much time behind your keyboards have forgotten how to act like real people.

Anyway, one random day, my brother brought home a friend. This friend of his was also a Tobal 2 fanatic! BUT! My brother never told me about him! OMGWTGBBQ! Why, brother, why? You know how crazy and dedicated I am to this game! Finding equally dedicated fans is so rare! Why would you deny me like that????? We could have played so many great Tobal2 games together!

It just so happened that on this same random day, some guys online were doubting my abilities in Tobal 2, doubting that I could master ALL characters (equally). But as if to rub salt in the wound, my brother let his friend use our computer and internet connection at home, login to our favorite Tobal 2 website, register a new account and post some nice things about me!

A random stranger who was probably just another forgotten statistic in the wake of destruction I've laid behind me, some kind soul, boldly jumping into the line of fire in my defence! He was in my house and I had no idea who he was!!!!! Why, brother, why?
    [/size]
    This has all the trimmings of an M. Night Shyamalan movie. I can't wait for the revealing twist at the end!? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

6. KtotheG

KtotheG Well-Known Member

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

somebody just got RAPED

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Btw I have played against Lemmy's Jeff.

8. Sp00n

Sp00n Well-Known Member

LMAO, nice one Myke

9. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    and?

10. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

<3 the sound of other shoes dropping in the morning.

11. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Damn.

EDIT:

Quick question, in the link "Loves fighting vipers" they post three minutes apart, are both of them from the same IP?

If so then you are proven entirely correct Myke.

Why would you answer someone on a forum if they were in your house?

12. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I thought my post held all the important information /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

13. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    OMG! PWND!!!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

thank you for that information sherlock crikey!

LET THE INVESTIGATION BEGIN!!!

14. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    It'd be an open and shut case if that were true. In that thread where they post minutes apart, they were separate IP addresses. Lemmy was at the school IP, and Raxel was at the home IP.

p.s. LOL @ Sherlock Crikey!

15. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Then surely that proves the opposite?

16. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

That's pretty cold, hard proof right there. Someone has some explaining to do...

17. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    It may only prove that Lemmy could call someone and ask them to hit "submit" on a computer. Remember, if this is a ruse, it's well thought out.

To Lemmy: I imagine recent attention and claims could be very frustrating for you. Here's an easy fix (especially since all three of you have posted from the same computer): all three of you get together to play VF5 and FV. Turn on the video recorder, introduce yourselves, and demonstrate that you all can play both games to the proficiency you claim. Make sure two of you look like those pictures to which you linked. Upload to YouTube. Post link here.

18. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    First off this thread is really entertaining! Secondly, whether or not the Lemmy issue is correct, whats the deal with everyone making random accounts now and posting? In almost every case it causes drama and someone to flip out. Not to mention its annoying to find out you posted a legitimate response to what happens to be some fake account only created to cause trouble.

19. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

'tis the problem with forum communities. At the same time it makes it exciting because we have to police ourselves.

I wonder what lemmie must be thinking right now. Myke was correct in that we regulars don't much care if he's good or bad, it's the hubris of his actions that are annoying us and leading to a forum wide unvieling of his attempts to make use worship his "skills".

Shoot I like to think I'm pretty good at the game but you don't see me making 2 extra accounts so I can post messages that agree with me from the same IP adress. Shit I'd atleast go to a friend's house or a different computer and post to cover my tracks. For shame

20. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    this is by far the biggest PWNAGE i have ever encountered on this site...

bravo sherlock crickey...BRAVO! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

so how do you feel lemmyisPWND!?!?!?