1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How well do you know the other characters?

Discussion in 'General' started by Temjin, Jun 8, 2008.

1. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

Man I don't think I've ever read someone being OWNED THIS BAD before on this site... Game Set and MATCH Myke for the WIN!!!

2. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

Myke is the the pinnacle! Which means he PWNS Lemmy! He is notorious
    and he'll expose you like a flasher peen! Cuz Mykes BAD!

3. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

I'm, betting that Fighting V1per (AKA Lemmy's brother) is Raxel... I think Lemmy's brother saw how much heat he was taking and made a second profile to back him and his "My brother OWNS" philosophy.

Anyways, my money is on Raxel and Fighting V1per being the same person, both Lemmy's brother...

It was Raxel and Lemmy trading posts in that thread, Fighting V1per was strangely missing from that discussion and Raxel responded from the same IP as the brother (V1per) would have, that is why I believe that Raxel is him.

4. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Further, (in reply to myself, thank you very much) Raxel seems to have been created when Fighting V1per needed someone to come in and agree with him that Lemmy is the best "gosh darn VF player ever!"

Making up another person to agree with you is just... (insert synonym for stupid here)...

In the end it's you and your imaginary friend agreeing with yourself.
    = /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif FTL... <--- Yeah, FTL...

5. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    I don't really have anything to add at this point. I'm just glad I was here to witness this. Made my day! Go Myke & KiwE!

6. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

At your university??? Valestyle was registered as living in Australia and you live in UK. Kinda a stretch right? Someone from Australia, four years ago when you weren't a member, going into your university page in UK finding your picture to use as his own. Hate to break it to you but you're not that pretty. Myke; you truelly are Sherlock Crickey now haha. Good stuff! I'll ask fatalrose about the pic.

<span style='font-size: 8pt'>Image deleted</span>

Seriously Lemmy. Just stop. Everybody who understands VF has learned just based upon what you post that you aren't very proficient at this game. That was the start/given. But people didn't really call you down on it - they tried to help you understand stuff. But, you're a scrub with a scrub mentality and you didn't want to hear any of it. It was you against the world of liars and people who didn't want to see your "truth". That's when people, well, basically started really disliking you. And still you (or your brother, hard to tell you a part, maybe a friendly aunt?) keep making these dumb statements about how you know every character in the game well. Everything points to the opposite Lemmy. You beat those who dedicate them to one character to a pulp... No you don't. You lack lots of VF knowledge and nobody in the UK has heard of you. What are even the odds of someone being good in the UK having played since 1994 not being heard of? Please just stop.

P.S; Go into efnets #vf-uk and try to actually play some people and / or get together for some offline play. Not to validate yourself as a player but to just start to play the game in earnest. You will find it's much more fun loving VF through playing it then trying to make yourself look good on a forum. Some of the best, if not the best players on this forum are those who post the least. You're fooling nobody; just making yourself look dumb. That in turn migh burn bridges you have when it comes to playing other UK peeps etc that you might come to regret. So just stop already. Back up, gear up, and start over instead of trying to defend yourself aggressively until the measly end. It's really getting pathetic at this point mate.

Keep loving the game, it's at least obvious you seem to do that much, and hook up with some real competition!

7. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
  8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Ok I think theres enough bashing now. Lets remain civil.

9. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

Damn, you guys are PI's for real!!!

10. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

ouch, and does anyone know how the poor androgonous fellow in the pic turned out...auvil?

11. kryptonix

kryptonix Member

That is actually a pic of me biting Auvii

12. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Just posting to say I was reading through this thread again.

I loved every word of it.

Lemmy is into SC4 at the moment and is busy mastering all characters (equally).

I'm sure he's became part of a SC community and I don't doubt his brother and friend are there to.

13. seven5suited

seven5suited Well-Known Member

wow how did I miss this?!?! I live on VFDC... MykeIsTheGame. Rispekt.

PS He could easily have been using remote desktop to post from his home computer while at work. Just a thought months after the fact.

14. smb

smb Well-Known Member

hahah, that was great

15. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

I saw him on Live for about 5 minutes earlier today. He's stopped playing VF for a while and as Seidon said, has gone on to mastering as many characters on SC4 as he can.

Also, "stopped playing VF for a while" is Yorkshire speak for "the people at VFDC found out the truth and instead of trying to prove them wrong, I just ran away to another game where the community doesn't know me and my other two selves". I think.

16. deathsushi

deathsushi Well-Known Member

Haha, love your auto-sigs Ash. Both of those are classics.

17. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Someone needs to get FatalRose's attention to this thread to explain that pic he posted all those years ago!

18. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

i hate the pic. an explanation might make me feel better about it tho.

19. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    He had another go at me about dropping SC4.

Only this time he chose to PM me here on VFDC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't read your last LIVE messages because I assumed it'd be full of SC bad-mouthing by someone who doesn't actually know anything about it.

Anyway, what you're failing to understand is, that it isn't VF that's the best game ever actually, but fighting games that are the best GENRE of games ever. By not studying Soul Calibur (or any of the other decent fighters), you ARE missing out. If you like VF so much, there are already games as close to it as you can get, and by studying how they work the same enjoyment can be derived from them (whilst taking in the stacks of variety and new stuff that they offer, that VF doesn't). I know, because I've been playing fighting games to death at the expense of all other games since SFII came out in '91. Any decent fighting game is better than all the FPS/Third-person tat by a million miles. Therefore, get the most out of the ones that there are, because when they're this good, there still aren't enough of them. Soul Calibur is packed with amazing, awesome things that VF could never have, just like Tekken is or SF or KOF. They each have their specific selling points (and annoyances). No-one is expected to play just one game for the rest of their life, but if you focus on fighting games you aren't going far wrong. If it came down to having to make a choice between playing DOA4 forever or playing Halo 3 forever...There's no contest.

Oh and, if you thought SC wasn't much cop online, it just goes to prove how hastily you abandoned it - what did you expect online fighting to be like within ONE WEEK of the game arriving? You didn't know bugger-all about it and NONE of your opponents did. VF5 was shit for the first few months for the same reason, and I know because I was there. Games like this need time to grow online, before their full enjoyment is apparent. So yes, if you give up here, you have missed out on an incredible game in SCIV.

Having said all that though, some people might not have the capacity to learn and enjoy more than one thing. For example, what about the fifteen or so characters you have never touched in VF? You haven't got anywhere near full enjoyment from even VF yet. That's just as much missing out, as refusing to learn SC or Tekken is.</div></div>

So as you can see he completely disregarded my last few messages on Xbox live.

Frankly I don't believe that, I think he read them and just couldn't think how to force his inane beliefs upon me after realizing I knew exactly what I was talking about.

Not only that but he suddenly assumed that because I "didn't give SC4 a chance" I can't make any kind of judgment on it.

I played 100 hours of it, that seems like plenty to judge the game both at face value and at it's core.

I played offline against people who have been playing SC for years, people who know what they're doing, people that have a grasp of how to play the bloody game.

Not simply the plethora of asshats roaming about on xbox live screaming their throats dry about people using the same move. Or bizarre concoctions of my own twisted imagination (read: Raxel,Fighting V1per and LemmyIstheGame).

So you say that fighting games are the best genre by far?

Bollocks.

Big sweaty man bollocks.

To use your own phrase mate: " They each have their specific selling points (and annoyances)."

Truth be told, fighting games are my favorite genre by far but that's hardly call to denounce other games.

I downloaded and played Braid the other day. It's a fantastic game. Better than a hell of a lot of fighting games I've played.

Just because you want to be recognized and labeled as someone who is a "pure fighter" ("I 'master' all the characters of every fighting game and don't have a main or favourite") doesn't mean you are entitled to call anyone who plays fighting games ignorant if they don't see eye to eye with you.

Given it's kind of hard to when your head is wedged so firmly in your own ass.

Which brings me to this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having said all that though, some people might not have the capacity to learn and enjoy more than one thing. For example, what about the fifteen or so characters you have never touched in VF? You haven't got anywhere near full enjoyment from even VF yet. That's just as much missing out, as refusing to learn SC or Tekken is. </div></div>

Nice insult there, vague but obvious at the same time. Also kind of hypocritical don't you think?

The fifteen or so characters I haven't touched in VF?

Fair enough, I don't go out of my way to be below average with everyone of the characters.

But it's not like I stick to one character exclusively. Ask anyone who plays me on a regular basis. I play a few characters and am actually pretty god with them (to stroke my own ego, but you'd understand that right?).

In conclusion:

You have to come down off your high horse, seriously.

You are not some grizzled old sage of fighting games, as much as you may want to believe it.

You are an average player.

Read that again will you?

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>AVERAGE</span>

And that is average as far as online players in the UK go.

So, in closing, get over yourself.

20. RORY

RORY Well-Known Member

XBL:
    RORORORORORO
    LOL Lemmy

Seidon's right you need to get over yourself man.

Besides you made up another account just so you could say it was your brother playing and not you to make up for the fact that you really cant use all 17 characters.

So your own argument is pointless. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif