1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How will i know...

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Nov 3, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

how will i know when i am a decent akira player, without playing any competition, because there isnt a vf3 arcade machine anywhere near me.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

When you can do DLC combos in real combo regularly I guess. That'll be decent enough though far from really good.

3. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Well, consistent command input is a good measure. However, if you don't know how to set them up in the real match, neither DLC nor SPoD is useful.

And you cannot learn those subtle things by playing against the computer. But I know that's not your point. A good Akira player will kill without relying on DLC or SPoD, though that can be said about pretty much any character.

4. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

When you can recognize and react to situations from the DE and SDE. i.e. Throwing on staggers, following regular hits, pulling out decent combos from counter hits (not necesarily using the DLC). When you can easily flow from a DE or SDE, you're on your way.